What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Michael Curtiz’s My Dream Is Yours is a solid second step in the ascension of Doris Day to the top of the cinematic world offering wonderful dramatic, comic, and musical opportunities for her, in all of which she excels.

My Dream Is Yours (1949)

Released: 16 Apr 1949
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 101 min

Director: Michael Curtiz, Friz Freleng
Genre: Animation, Comedy, Music, Musical, Romance

Cast: Jack Carson, Doris Day, Lee Bowman, Adolphe Menjou
Writer(s): Harry Kurnitz (screenplay), Dane Lussier (screenplay), Allen Rivkin (adaptation), Laura Kerr (adaptation)

Plot: An agent must search for a new personality to replace a popular singer who refuses to renew his radio contract. He finds one in the form of a single mother, but complications soon occur.

IMDB rating: 6.6...

Continue reading...

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Long time since I last watched this film. I'm not at all surprised that Lee Bowman is effective playing a cad because I have nearly always found him obnoxious on screen, particularly in the two films he made with Rita Hayworth. He was tolerable in the one he did with Lana Turner.

Thanks for the review. I look forward to receiving this disc.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Long time since I last watched this film. I'm not at all surprised that Lee Bowman is effective playing a cad because I have nearly always found him obnoxious on screen, particularly in the two films he made with Rita Hayworth. He was tolerable in the one he did with Lana Turner.

Thanks for the review. I look forward to receiving this disc.

Poor Lee Bowman, LOL. Without looking it up, I believe he's also the weasely rich boy in BUCK PRIVATES, yes? I never believed Jane Frazee would choose him over the hot other dude (Alan Curtis?) in that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks