My dream cast for Goblet of Fire

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Adam Lenhardt, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

With Goblet in the earliest stages of pre-production, I thought I'd lay out my dream cast for the flick, with short notes as to why I chose them. Comments and contrary opinions are welcome; I wanted to get a discussion going on where we think the forth film should venture:Frank Bryce -Peter O'TooleI think this would be the ultimate way to honor Richard Harris's legacy as Dumbledore.Harry Potter -Daniel RadcliffeFor him and the others mentioned, he's the movie reality of the character. Changing him or the rest would hamper the suspension of disbelief; it's not Bond.Dudley Dursley -Harry Melling*Uncle Vernon -Richard Griffiths*Aunt Petunia -Fiona Shaw*Fred Weasley -James Phelps*George Weasley -Oliver Phelps*Molly Weasley -Julie Walters*Arthur Weasley -Mark Williams*Ron Weasley -Rupert Grint*Ginny Weasley -Bonnie Wright*Percy Weasley -Chris Rankin*Charlie Weasley -Orlando BloomAlready having proved himself in a variety of hair colors, I think a red-head bloom would suit the responsible, earnest Charlie wellBill Weasley -???????I don't know if they already cast the role for the Daily Prophet photo of the Weasleys in Egypt or not.Hermione Granger -Emma Watson*Ludo Bagman -Eric IdleDespite my arguement with Dan Hitchman over whether Terry Gilliam should touch Harry, I find myself never the less determined to get all the Monty Python troupe in the filmsBarty Crouch -Patrick StewartHe's one of the few mainstream British talents that have made a career out of prim and proper. I think, with a wig and a properly groomed mustache, he'd nail the role.Winky (voice) -Patricia RoutledgeFew roles would replicate the annoyingly desperate overbearing cling to the social class system like Hyacinth Bucket. Had they voiced Dobby younger, I would have chosen a younger sound for Winky but as they didn't I think it'd be a perfect fit.Draco Malfoy -Tom Felton*Lucius Malfoy -Jason Isaacs*Narcissa Malfoy -Cate BlanchettConsidering that it's such a small role, and that Blanchett's Australian, she wouldn't take this role. But the kind of icy cold blonde she can exibit is what's needed for this role.Obalonsk -Bulgarian ComedianFind a good Bulgarian comedian to tackle the role, if such exists.Rita Skeeter -Toni ColletteOnce again an Australian, but with experience playing British. Any of the real British gossip columnists would work too, and probably better.Mad-Eye Moody -Sean ConneryJust look at him. 'Nuff said.Minerva McGonagall -Dame Maggie Smith*Albus Dumbledore -Michael Gambon*Rubeas Hagrid -Robbie Coltrane*Igor Karkaroff -Jim BroadbentNot the most obvious choice, but he has the range to play the various shifts the character goes through as his arrogance gives way to fear.Madame Maxime -Claire MaurierUsing the size shifting techniques applied to Hagrid, she would have the adequette presence, I think.Sirius Black -Gary Oldman*

2. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I tried my damndest to think of somebody for Mad-Eye Moody. But that's one I would never have thought of.

I still think Viggo Mortensen for Sirius Black. BTW, who do they have for Sirius Black in the third movie?

3. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

4. Galen_V

Galen_V Second Unit

I assume everyone here has read the books so I won't spoiler anything.

I am in the boat that thinks that Anthony Hopkins would be perfect as Mad-Eye Moody. How about casting these other characters though:

-Viktor Krum
    -Cho Chang
    -The Patil Sisters
    -Fleur (can't recall her last name off of the top of my head)
    -Cedric Diggory
    and of course, Lord Voldemort

5. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Malcolm McDowell as Barty Crouch.
    Who can pull off psychotic better than McDowell? [​IMG] And Paul Bettany for Barty, JR.

Anthony Hopkins would make a terrific Mad Eye if he played him like Van Helsing from Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I always pictured Jim Broadbent as Ludo for some reason. He may be too old though.

Helena Bonham Carter would make a good Rita Skeeter. I pictured Toni Colette as Professor Trelawny though. Anyone know if Trelawney has been cast in the Prisoner of Azkaban?

6. ace peterson

ace peterson Second Unit

I always pictured Mad-Eye Moody as a smaller, thicker, uglier guy. I am thinking like a Danny Devito-sized person, but can't put a name on exactly who.

PS- I had always thought Owen Wilson would have been a terrific Gilderoy Lockhart in COS. He has that funny wit-thing happening.

7. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

I think Tim Roth would make a great Lord Voldemort. [​IMG]

8. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

Adam,

Great choice on the voice for Winky, I definitely agree. I also think Eric Idle has the perfect personality for Bagman, I always pictured him as a much larger girthed guy than Eric though. I suppose that wouldn't be too much of a problem to fix considering what they've done with Robbie Coltrane. Or we could just send him to a pub until shooting starts and tell him to start drinking. He'll have a good beer gut in no time.

How about Mary Kate and Ashley for the Patil Sisters?[​IMG]
    Just kidding!!![​IMG]

9. Kevin Korom

Kevin Korom Stunt Coordinator

Hmm, interesting discussion. I like the idea of Malcolm McDowell as Crouch; I also think Terrence Stamp would be excellent in that role; he has that imperious screen presence.

Eric Idle as Bagman? The right personality, but I don't think he has the girth needed- how about Terry Jones instead? A little rounder, and his Harry "Snapper" Organs voice would be just right for the absent-minded Ludo [​IMG]

I also think Hopkins would nail the role of Moody, but how about a darkhorse- Bob Hoskins! That gravely voice and piercing stare would be perfect!

10. Alex Prosak

Looks like they've cast Fleur Delacour a few days ago. IMHO...at least they cast a blonde. I've always pictured Fleur as being much prettier.

11. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

How about Miranda Richardson as Narcissa Malfoy.
    [​IMG]

Or Kate Winslet [​IMG]

I dont rememeber who 1/2 the characters named above are. Ill re-read Goblet before the film comes out.

12. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    That girl playing Fleur looks kinda scary!

They've also casted Brendan Gleeson as Mad Eye. Don't know how I like that though. Gleeson's a great actor but I pictured the charcater as pretty different. You know. Smaller, older, more senile. As I mentioned up there last summer, Anthony Hopkins would've been perfect.

13. Alex Prosak

I also pictured Moody as smaller, older, and more senile. I think Gleeson's face has potential but I am luke warm so far. All-in-all, I'm really have serious reservations about GoF. They're cutting out too much (should've been split into 2), I'm not too keen on some of the casting, and frankly I've never been a fan of Newell's work. I think it's going to be a big letdown after PoA.

Miranda would be a great casting. She looks the part for sure.

14. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    They've also cast Cedric Diggory and Viktor Krum, but I've yet to see decent pictures of either.

15. Scott_MacD

Scott_MacD Supporting Actor

16. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
  17. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

Well, JonZ was half right with Miranda! [​IMG]

18. michael_mo

michael_mo Stunt Coordinator

I'll probably be made fun of for this... but look at the pics of Marilyn Manson on the cover of the Mechanical Animals disc and the tour around that time, then read the description..
    of Voldemort after he comes out of the cauldren.

eerily.... he would fit the role VERY well.
    Proper height. Proper thin long hands. Proper snakelike facial features.

19. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I decided to update the chart with the actual casting for the film. Note that spoilers are contained within:Actual Person CastRole in QuestionMy Original ChoicePedja BjelacIgor KarkaroffJim Broadbent Robbie ColtraneRubeas HagridRobbie ColtraneAlfie EnochDeanAlfred EnochTom FeltonDraco MalfoyTom FeltonRalph FiennesLord VoldemortNot considered when choosing originally Rupert GrintRon WeasleyRupert GrintRobert HardyCornelius FudgeRobert HardyShirley HendersonMoaning MyrtleShirley HendersonJoshua HerdmanGoyleJoshua HerdmanStanislav IanevskiViktor KrumNot considered when choosing originally Jason IsaacsLucius MalfoyJason IsaacsMichael GambonAlbus DumbledoreMichael GambonBrendan GleesonMad-Eye MoodySean ConneryKatie LeungCho ChangNot considered when choosing originallyMatthew LewisNevilleMatthew LewisRoger Lloyd-PackBarty CrouchPatrick StewartDevon MurraySeamusDevon Murray Gary OldmanSirius BlackGary OldmanRobert PattinsonCedric DiggoryNot considered when choosing originally James PhelpsFred WeasleyJames Phelps Oliver PhelpsGeorge WeasleyOliver PhelpsClémence PoésyFleur DelacourNot considered when choosing originallyDan RadcliffeHarry PotterDaniel Radcliffe Chris RankinPercy WeasleyChris RankinJeff RawleAmos DiggoryNot considered when choosing originallyAlan RickmanProfessor SnapeAlan RickmanMiranda RichardsonRita SkeeterToni Collette Maggie SmithMinerva McGonagallDame Maggie SmithTimothy SpallPeter PettigrewTimothy SpallDavid Tennant Barty Crouch Jr.Not considered when choosing originallyFrances De La TourMadame MaximeClaire Maurier Emma WatsonHermione GrangerEmma WatsonJamie WaylettCrabbeJamie Waylett Mark WilliamsArthur WeasleyMark WilliamsunconfirmedFrank BrycePeter O'Toole unconfirmedMolly WeasleyJulie Walters unconfirmedGinny WeasleyBonnie WrightunconfirmedCharlie WeasleyOrlando BloomunconfirmedBill Weasley???????unconfirmedLudo BagmanEric IdleunconfirmedWinky (voice)Patricia RoutledgeunconfirmedNarcissa MalfoyCate BlanchettunconfirmedObalonskBulgarian Comedian Not in final filmDudley DursleyHarry Melling Not in final filmUncle VernonRichard Griffiths Not in final filmAunt PetuniaFiona Shaw

20. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Whatever happened to Goyle (one of Draco's lackeys from COS)? He was in like one scene of POA and seemed to be replaced be some other lackey for the rest of it. The other guy seemed present though (or am I confusing the two?).

EDIT: IMDB tells me he's in Goblet of Fire, but what's up with his disappearence from POA? Am I the only one who noticed this? Or am I just wrong and the actor's puberty just disguised him? [​IMG]