What's new

My dog is going in for surgery... :( (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
He has been vomiting for over a day and he can't seem to hold anything down. I took him into the vet and they did some blood work and took some X-rays, then the vet found the blockage in the X-ray.
They're going to try an Endoscopy first to see if they can find it and pull it out, if that fails he'll require surgery tonight. :frowning:

His name is Nova and he's the best dog that I've ever had. (He's a beautiful Lab/Shepherd mix)
I guess I just needed to talk about it a bit...

Wish him luck guys! :emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks,

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I feel your pain, Micheal. :frowning: My dogs are family and like any family member, my emotions can rise and fall on their state of health. Whenever they're sick you just feel so damned helpless because there's no way they can tell you if they're feeling better. Each of my Black Labs has been through surgery (benign cyst removal and an ACL replacement) and I'm always nervous when they're under the knife. Luckily I have a pretty damned good vet. Hope the endoscopic procedure works and you get an answer quickly. Before you know it Nova will be back home running around the house with you. :)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I like others in this thread love my dog (Chip) and know how you feel with Nova. Hope you get Nova feeling better soon. Best wishes:emoji_thumbsup: .

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Thanks everyone! They scoped his stomach and could'nt find the obstruction so they held off on surgery. They think it may have passed on to his colon and are treating him with an I.V. and anti-biotics. He seems to be in a lot rougher shape today but they think that he'll be over the hump soon and may not require surgery at all! :)

I'll let you know more tomorrow when I go and visit him again. Thanks for the support guys! I really hope he comes around soon, it's really tough to see him like this. :frowning:

Thanks again!

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Nova is now sleeping on the couch beside me while I type this. :) He's doing much better and "whatever it was" passed through his system... I would say that he's at about 80% normal.

They couldn't tell me for sure if it was something he ate or a weird virus?? Regardless, he's back on his paws and doing great!:D

Thanks again everyone! I really appreciated the well wishes.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks