1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

My Dog Hates My Sub!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron Lewen, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Ron Lewen

Ron Lewen Auditioning

First, Thank you to the group for a lot of great info! I've been lurking since I got the home theater bug in mid November and finally bought some equipment for Christmas for the family. Based in info here and my budget I ended up with...
    Denon 1603 Receiver
    Sony 715 DVD
    4 - JBL N26 Speakers
    1 - JBL N-Center
    1- Sony WM40 Subwoofer.
    to go along with our Sony 32" TV and Hughes DirecTivo.
    Everything sounds great and the family loves it except for Sable, our 11 month old Lab. She was NOT at all imressed by the first movie we watched with surround sound! She left the room in a hurry! But, I didn't know how much she hated it until today. A couple of times, I have noticed that the subwoofer was powered off (not just in standby). I thought maybe my wife had turned it off not realizing that it should be left on, but today I saw the dog laying in front of the sub, casually chewing on a bone. When she got up, the sub was off! I'm sure that she just bumped the power switch on the front by accident, but who knows... [​IMG]
    ...ron

2. Paul Murphy

Paul Murphy Stunt Coordinator

DON'T EVEN GET MY STARTED!!! MY DOG JUMPS AT THE TV!! AND BARKS SO LOAD IT MAKES ME ALMOST GO DEAF. my speakers can't even go that load and high pitched. every god dam time we watch a movie it barks, chases any moving object on the tv and if we leave it upstairs alone it will destroy the house. so dont even get me started with you dog turning of you subwoofer!!

3. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

I got both of you beat. I have apparently scarred my 3 year old for life with my system. When I first set the system up, I played the THX intro way to loud and he started crying. Now, whenever I pick up a dvd, he covers his ears. If I put it in the player, he runs out of the room screaming and crying. He then comes back 5 minutes later to see if it is one of his movies (Shrek, Toy Story, etc.). If it is, he stays.

Any advice?

4. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

My dog lays right next to the SVS no matter how loud the volume is. And he has excellent hearing. Go figure.

5. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

Some dogs are just cool, I have a lab and an SVS, bugs my dog when my wife pets it (the SVS).

6. Paul Murphy

Your wife pets your SVS? Did you marry a chinpanze, she pets a sub? (may be making an absolute idiot of myself because im have no idea what a SVS is)

7. Guy Usher

Paul, I bet you would pet it too. . .

8. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

Mark,
    At least he's coming back to check- so he wasn't too badly affected. Let your 3 year old hold "his" DVD's and let him put them in the player (with supervision of course) make sure to have fun, played low, THX or other intro's like the cow one to let him see it and laugh. Don't reinforce his current behavior with laughing about it or doing it again when he's around. then slowly, once he's adapted to the fun intro's turn the volume up and make it a game- fun! Whee! Wow! Smile and Laugh with him. This will work- it worked for me [​IMG] By the way, you were talking about a child, right[​IMG]
    James,
    My dog lays right next to the sub also, but I stuck it right by his bed. He's 13, old for his breed, and has hip trouble, so I have no idea if he minds or is just in too much pain to walk away. Sad that I don't test this out, but I'll tweak that sub all day long. What the hell- he's a dog!
    Pet the sub? Hell, I have foreplay with my sub- according to my wife :p)

9. Paul Murphy

There is a cow thx intro? I will never have kids! They are a waste of money and time. All they do is complain, cry, say imature words like penis.. hehehe, and are anoying as hell. I rather my wife have birth to tv's, speakers, and receivers. Now that would be a real gift from god, not a child that is a gift from hell. I will never have kids and rather stay up all night with my home theater not some winning little squirt that complains more than me!

10. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

11. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

12. Guy Usher

I agree with Jose. . . [​IMG]

13. Marcelo T

Marcelo T Stunt Coordinator

I´m with you Paul. Kids crying makes me cringe. I'll leave procriation for those with patience.[​IMG]