What's new

My Dog chewed my cell phone (1 Viewer)

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
Sprint says i have to buy a new phone from them to keep the same phone #. I don't understand why i can't just go to any store to get a new phone. anyone else have a similar circumstance? To replace my phone w/ a similar one is $280. What a bummer. My contract is up with Sprint, so i could change carriers and maybe get a free phone. Any advice?

Scott

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If your contract is up, I believe Sprint is lying. Didn't new rules just go into effect allowing people to keep the same phone number even if they switch carriers?

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
You can get any phone you want provided it's a Sprint PCS phone. Ebay is the place to look, though cell phones, in general, are expensive. You may be able to get a cheap phone if you commit to another 1-2 years but barring that, it's going to cost some money. After you get a compatible phone, just call up Sprint and give them the special number of your new phone and they should be able to transfer your service to it. I don't really see why they should care where you bought your phone from.

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, i knew there were new laws that say you can keep the same # even if you switch carriers. That's why i was wondering why i couldn't just by a phone anywhere.
Scott

JamesED

Second Unit
Doesn't Sprint do a $150 rebate toward a new phone every 18monthes? To get the rebate you renew a 1yr or 2yr contract.

Oh and he's right about it just having to be any PCS phone, when I accidently busted mine, my Uncle had a spare phone still in the box that I used. You just turn it on and it'll connect you with Sprint, and you go from there.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine found himself in a similar situation with Sprint. There's a Sprint number you can call if you are thinking of changing cell phone carriers. If you threaten to leave they will most likely give you a deal on a replacement phone. Easiest way is to do what others have suggested and do another contract.

I just did another 2 year contract with Sprint and got a $300 rebate on 2 phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks