My Dog Ate my DVD!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Mar 8, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Heh, I never thought this would happen, but I figured it would be a fun topic.

About a month ago, I purchased Waynes World 2. I watched about half of it, took it out and placed it on the shelf the DVD player was on. Every now and then, the dog will chew up something important. He got my first Gameboy Cartridge, Mario Land 1, for instance. But he's never reached in that shelf before.

I go out for two hours, come back, and find the chewed up, teeth marked DVD sitting on the living room floor. Needless to say, I was not happy that a 24$ DVD was now down the drain, but it was my own fault for leaving it out where he could get it. I repurchased it last week, and plan to be mroe carefull in the future, heh.

What other strange ways have your DVD's met their demise?

2. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Aw man, if that ever happened to me...it'd be Old Yeller time!
    j/k I love dogs [​IMG]
    I have luckily never had a DVD expire...unless you count the DVD rot that took My Fair Lady. [​IMG]

3. Bill J

Bill J Producer

4. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

5. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

No, never had an untimely death of a DVD in this house. I treat them like they were babies! Plus, I dont have a dog.

6. Bill Eberhardt

Bill Eberhardt Stunt Coordinator

Your dog's a critic! Since dogs don't have oposible thumbs, it was his way of giving it "two-paws down". [​IMG]

7. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

"Dog bites DVD" - Who cares?
    Call me when DVD bites Dog.[​IMG]

edit - Hey. This is my 300th post. No celebration necessary.

8. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    My second son (now 5 yrs old) used my Video Essentials as a chew toy a few years back. Naturally, this was the single most expensive DVD in my collection at the time. [​IMG]

9. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit

My dog Fox (pictured below) only has access to the bottom shelf of the DVDs. On that shelf are what I call "Decoys". I got a bunch of those AOL CD ROMS in DVD cases and a few of the crappiest DVDs that I would have just thrown out. But now I've got a pile on top of the DVD case because I'm afraid that the bastard will get hold of one if I start using the bottom shelf. He only got ahold of a couple decoys and he seems to have given up the hobby but you never know.

10. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
    What would you do if it was something like The 400 Blows Criterion Collection DVD? A few hundred bucks down the drain! Well, at least it was Wayne's World 2 and not the first one [​IMG]

11. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

You know what you should do.

Put Lawrence of Arabia or some other classic on one side and sit Batman&Robin on the other and see which one he eats. If he eats B&R, then hes a critic and a good one at that.

12. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

Hey Paul,

13. RobR

RobR Second Unit

14. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>>I'm sure you know it's possible to train a dog not to chew up important things.
    >>
    Yeah, I know. I'm wishing we did, but now he's untrainable at 14 years. Assuming you beleive the saying, "Can't teach an old dog new tricks" [​IMG].

15. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit

Bjørn,

I'm not sure what you mean.

This is a picture of my dog, whose actual name is Fox Mulder, inside the box for my JBL PowerBass Series Subwoofer. He played in the box while I set it up. I thought it was an appropriate picture for the Home Theater Forum because the Subwoofer is part of my Home Theater and after I shrunk it down I was disappointed to see that you could not tell what the box said and therefore the appropriateness (is that a word?) is lost unless I actually TELL people what the box says. I thought that this results in an all around kind of lame signature but it's all I've got.

Thanks for noticing it!

P.S. Although his name is Fox Mulder, we usually call him Mr. Poopers.

16. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

The answer is quite simple, if your dog stays inside, keep your DVDs outside. He will never think to look for them there. [​IMG]
    Also, you might consider getting a paw friendly remote. Had he been able to put the DVD in, which he thought was "Lassie Comes Home", this whole incident could have been avoided. Instead, your dog gets written up in the paper, that soon, he will hover over, when he just can't wait to go outside, um, where the DVDs are. [​IMG]
    Lex

17. Travis D

Travis D Second Unit

I wonder who owns that dog from the old Best Buy (or was it Circuit City) tv ad. You know the one where the people leave for the weekend and the dog buys a dvd player, surround sound, Big Screen (4:3, but hey, he's only a dog) and a mess load of dog related dvds over the internet. When the people get home, they return everything in store. Dumbasses! I'd say that dog is a hero to those hometheaterless schmucks and here they are returning everything!

18. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

Your dog is so cute. Sorry, but I had to say that. How old is he?

19. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit

Donny_G,

If you are asking about Fox Mulder, he is 8 months old. He is a Shiba Inu. If you weren't asking about him then I'm sorry for being so presumtuous.

P.S. Yes, he is damn cute. That is why he is able to manipulate me and my wife so well.

20. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

I was asking about the one in your sig. Thats Mulder right?