What's new

My Directv receiver remote isn't working, how can I get a replacement? (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I have a standard cheap Hughes Directv receiver and the remote that came with it isn't working properly with the sat stuff. It's not the batteries because it controls the tv just fine but when I want to control the DTV receiver the "SAT" button just blinks very fast and nothing happens. If I keep pressing "select" or another button off and on continuously very hard ("almost break the remote" hard), it works again for a few minutes. Then it happens again. It's a real pain. Do these things have a warranty? it's only 4 months old any fixes, or should I get a new remote? How do I get a new one?
Thanks!

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Jeff,
Many Universal remotes found at places like Radio Shack or even Wal Mart will work on DirecTv receivers. I have a RadioShack 7 in 1 that i use in my bedroom. Works fine for sattelite.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I set the code on my yamaha remote to do the SAT receiver stuff but it can only control basic features like the guide, info, change channels, etc. Can those other remotes control the advanced features like setting the channel list, add/deleting channels from the menus, etc...? I have been thinking about getting a Home Theater Master MX-500 or pronto but will these things be able to controll all the options without learning from the Hughes remote?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks