My Dell 2100 Nightmare!! Dell has now sunk in my estimation.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JeffreyMercado, Sep 11, 2003.

1. JeffreyMercado

JeffreyMercado Second Unit

I purchased a 2100 from Dell back in May. I really liked, it as it was my first entry into front projection. I came into tough times and had to return it. That was at the end of May. Would you believe that they have yet to refund my $1000. It has been over 3 months. Everytime I talk to a customer service rep. they keep telling me that your refund is being processed. I am between a rock and a hard place. A thousand does not sound like a lot, but when you are three months behind in your rent it is. I have sold my Cannondale, Samsung HD-1000, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, countless DVDs, and I am in the process of selling this computer moniter I am looking at. I keep calling Dell and keep getting the run around. I hope in posting this here they will be moved to action. They could have at least given me a loaner projector while they are refunding me my money. For the past three months I have had no projector and no $1000.

The reason they give me is that the projector was lost. They set up delivery by means of airborne express. I think they delivered it to the wrong branch at dell. Then they took it somewhere else, whatever. So I talked to the Supervisor who knows the situation and tried to be helpful by putting a refund even though they could not find the projector.

A month later I call back only to find out that the refund was rejected because there was a hold on my name. I talk to the Supervisor again, and being the helper that he is, he called to the department to get my name off hold. Great, it is finally going to go through. A month later I find out it was rejected again, but this time I can not talk to the Supervisor because they have connected me with somebody in India. The nice gentleman from India assured me that he has fixed my problem and that I should be recieving a refund in 5 to 7 business days. September 11, and still no projector or refund.

Can you say Dell Sucks? Everybody all together, DELL SUCKS!

2. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes Second Unit

Call them again and mention the BBB. That usually speeds things up.

3. JeffreyMercado

JeffreyMercado Second Unit

Thanks for the advice

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I had a very similar experience returning a port replicator that came with my notebook. One of the reps gave me an address to ship the item back to which turns out to have been the wrong place. Luckily I had his name and the tracking info so it eventually all got worked out but like you it look a lot of calls and months before the funds were refunded. My suggestion would be to document everything and the next time you call ask to speak to his/her boss.

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jeffrey, please don't title your posts with the word "sucks" in them. Thank you.

6. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Jeffrey:

Write the president of Dell and let him know how disatisfied you are with their customer support. I have always found that dealing with the boss gets the fastest action.

Parker

7. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit

Amazing Jeff ....

I too bought a Dell 2100 FPJ in early May. A few weeks later I decided to return it in order to get the InFocus X1 instead. Shipped it back on 02-Jun. Do you know it took those SOB's almost 2 months to refund my $$$. Final refund posting date was 25-Jul.

That was only after I complained to AMEX Gold Card service. I was at least smart enough to use my gold card ... so I never actually paid for the PJ in the 1st place. Upon returning it, I called AMEX and told them I was deducting $899 from my bill because Dell was not crediting the refund. AMEX did all the investigating for me and ultimately they straightened it out.

Another smart thing I did was use USPS insurance & delivery confirmation for my return shipment. I actually had proof that they received it back on 6-Jun.

Dell gave me every excuse in the book. I was on the phone with Dell CSR's (Indian) about 4 times. They couldn't find it, had a hold on the credit, etc., etc., etc. This is all a bunch of BS! This is SOP to make their cash flow look better. These common stories are no accident. Someone should do an expose.

I'll think twice before buying from Dell again. And if I do, I'll keep careful records and always use AMEX.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Dell

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] AMEX

Scott