What's new

My Dayton 10" subwoofer arrived, and I have a problem. (1 Viewer)

ShaneR

Auditioning
Gau,

I'm probably the last person you would want to ask these questions to. I'm very much a novice in all this. The only thing I did was check my levels with the Radio Shack SPL meter to balance in the new sub with my speakers.

I didn't fool around with anything else except the phase, which I left at 0 since I couldn't tell a difference in the sound.

Sorry, I wish I could be more help but I just don't know enough to be helpful!

Gau

Stunt Coordinator
np!
most people seem to have more powerfull svs and hsu's and so i was looking for dayton oriented tweaks.
thx anyway!

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't find any tweaks that are specific to the Dayton. Any tweak will be room dependent more than sub dependent.

David

Max F

Second Unit
No real tweeks, it really is room dependent.

Make sure you get an SPL meter (go to radio shack). Calibrate using your reciever test tones. Look at the FAQ on this website for more detailed instructions. This is a crucial step so don't fret on buying an SPL.

Try starting it around 11:00 and adjust the gain of the sub (in relation to the front speakers) using your reciever. The best place is to set the gain on the sub where you are about the middle of sub volume settings (say 0 if your setting go from -10 to +10 or 10 if your setting go from 0 to Max (>15) like mine does) on your reciever (assuming you are calibrated). That way you have room to turn it up or down depending on what your listening to (I turn mine down for music). Does that make since?

If you have your speakers set to small you "should" keep the variable filter on the sub set to the highest level. However, i would't be scared to play with it to make it less boomy. I have my fronts set to large and the sub filter at around 80 hz, but that just me (my receiver only has a filter at 100 hz and above).

Read and experiment - every room is different and will require different settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks