What's new

My day at the movies or why I hate AMC Seatac North (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I find it amusing that you have to pay Adult admission but you're limited as to what movies you could see.
I agree. If you're old enough to drive yourself to the movies and pay adult admission, you're old enough to see whatever you darn well like. NC-17 notwithstanding.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Same thing almost happened to me. I was going to be 21 in a few days and my brother and 2 of his friends had plans to go to the movies to see Scary Movie. Well my brother got sick right before we were going to leave so just 3 of us went. Both of his friends were 16 at the time. I showed my ID when i bought the tickets, they called over a manager who was nice and sold me the tickets. The guy behind the counter almost didnt do it since i was still 5 days away from being 21. I can see that you cant buy liquor until the exact day but buying movie tickets is another

capt

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Right now I should be raving about how sweet Frailty was.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, my attempt at viewing "Frailty" also failed but for a different reason. Seems it was only playing at a single theater in my entire area, and of all the various multi-plexes it was at the one located in the middle of the city with no dedicated parking. I could not find a damn parking space! I circled the block three times and ran through the nearby parking garage. Nada!
I usually avoid this theater for that very reason. Unforunately, it usually has most of the good award-caliber/independent films so it means missing some good movies. But after I'd circled the block for the last time, and the movie start time had already passed, I gave up. Have to catch it on DVD, I guess. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks