My Dario Argento Opera DVD has died.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MaxY, Jun 8, 2002.

1. MaxY

MaxY Guest

I know when it came out there were problems with the DVD, but mine worked fine so I did not get in on the exchange. Why would if it worked fine in 3 different DVD players.
    Well I pulled out tonight to watch it and now it won't load up on any of my DVD players.
    Bumming because I really wanted to watch it tonight.
    I wonder if AB is still doing exchanges on it. I guess I should check out Heathers which also worked fine when I got it. [​IMG]
    Max

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

3. Chuck Esola

Chuck Esola Extra

Send an email to [email protected] and explain the problem. They'll probably tell you to mail them the disc. I'm pretty sure they'll still honor the replacement program. I recently sent them defective copies of FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN and THE WITCHES and recieved replacement copies in the mail within a couple of weeks.

4. Dan Brodin

Dan Brodin Stunt Coordinator

Sorry to hear about your Opera disk Max. Your post prompted me to check my Heathers disc, which worked perfectly when I purchased it. Well It seems as if it won't load in any of the 3 players in my home.

If you find a working email address for disk related problems please post it in this thread or email me.

Thanks

-Dan

5. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Well the site that Rob posted appears dead now.

I e-mailed AB about it and if I don't hear from them on Monday or so, then I will try the crest e-mail.

BTW I went and checked Heathers and mine still works, but I am very concerned about how long it will continue to work.

Max

6. GerardoHP

GerardoHP Supporting Actor

Gerardo Paron
    Same thing happened to me. Worked fine once or twice, then died.

7. Gregory E

Gregory E Second Unit

I almost picked this disc up today. But I remembered there being some problems with it. I'm glad I came home and checked out this board. Would the discs at Best Buy now be the corrected versions?

And while I'm at it, how's the movie?

8. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Best Buy should have the newer printing (mine has had it for a while)... look on the back for a little white sticker that says something like "2.0" or "Version 2.0"

9. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Also be sure to check your copies of Kentucky Fried Movie. This was another title that worked fine one month than a few months later didn't.

--Ian

10. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

All I remember was that the replacements came from Crest National, as posted above.

11. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Dan,
    I got no response today to the E-mail I sent Anchor Bay so I followed it up a few mins ago with an E-mail to the Caddress in Chuck's post.

I really hope I don't end up getting screwed because I figured not to screw them when my DVDs worked.

Max

12. Dan Brodin

Max,

I too send an email to both Anchor Bay and CrestNational and have yet to hear anything from either. Although I will give it a few days and I hear that Anchor Bay does take some time to get back to you, but that they always provide the customer with a replacement. Time will tell I guess.

-Dan

13. Dan Brodin

Max,
    I just got an email from Michael Felsher from Anchor Bay and he told me to re-direct my email to [email protected] for a replacement.
    Just thought I would let you know
    -Dan

14. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Thanks for the info Dan, doing it now.

Max

15. Jay Gregory

Jay Gregory Stunt Coordinator

Did anyone get return correspondence from the [email protected] address? Is there a convenient return program in place?

16. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

I sent an e-mail to them about my Deep Red defective disc to ALL 3 of those addresses and never got a response. I sent them my defective dsic 4 months ago as instructed on the site. No replacement was ever sent.