my current stereo wont work, blew a fuse, maybe i blew a "channel"??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe_Brown, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Joe_Brown

Joe_Brown Auditioning

hey guys, the other day i was jammin some metallica on my cheapo stereo, even though its pretty loud, and i blew a fuse, its a 125v 6.3amp fuse but all radioshack had was 200 something volt 6.3amp fuses, and the guy there said them should work, so i put that in and my stereo will turn on and my POWERED subwoofer is working, but my front speakers and surround sounds aint workin....my uncle said something about blowing a channel or something, i seriously dont know...maybe i blew the amp or something? but it gets hot if i turn the stereo up now...so it seems its trying to put out some shit to the speakers.....what could this be?

like i said my powered sub is still working my my corner, all i hear is nuttin but bass if i turn it on from that, heh

2. Joe_Brown

Joe_Brown Auditioning

oh crap, i just tried it again, my amp isnt getting hot, correct that.....and the fan on back of it isnt even turning on even though i turned it all the way up, so it must not be trying to output anything, because the fan is operated by how much the amp is putting out i think....

3. Joe_Brown

Joe_Brown Auditioning

?