What's new

MY COUSIN RACHEL coming..no Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Screen Archives Entertainment is releasing MY COUSIN RACHEL starring Olivia de Havilland and Richard Burton under their Twilight Time series label. It's limited to 3,000 copies like THE EGYPTIAN was. I'm disappointed that it's going to be DVD only...no Blu-ray counterpart. This is one of my favourite films and I would have loved owning it on Blu. Andy http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/16059/MY-COUSIN-RACHEL-1952-PRE-ORDER/

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Whether Twilight Time releases a film in Blu-ray or not will depend on the source material they get from Fox. The transfer for the Egyptian was outstanding, while we all know that the transfer for Violent Saturday was not anamorphic. Twilight Time said at the time that the transfers will depend on what Fox delivers, since they do not have the resources to improve the transfers.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Andrew Budgell

Thanks, Allen. I wasn't aware of that.

But I agree with you and I hope for some more Blu-rays from the Fox Vault. Twilight did an excellent job on The Egyptian.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
I've owned the magnificent Franz Waxman score to this on CD for the last several years. Too bad I gave up blind buying, because I'd love to see this movie to hear the score in context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks