My cousin almost got me killed Saturday night.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, Jun 24, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I stayed over my cousin's house to get away from mine for a while. He lives in a bad neighborhood where there's alot of gangs and it looks strange or a white guy to be walking down the street. Our best friend and I are white, and my cousin is black.

Well the 3 of us were walking home from the bar, though my cousin was the only one who drank and was drunk. My cousin met up with one of his black friends. He started telling him that me and our friend are Whitey and to not trust us because we're dangerous. He then took off on us with the other guy, and who knows what he was saying. He got back to the house before us, and locked us out of the house. We had to wake him to let us in, because he passed out on the couch. He really pissed me off.

2. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

If he was my cousin I would have kicked his A$$. But then my cousins would never do something so ignorant.[​IMG]

3. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

4. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

There are in a couple cities like Nashua and Manchester NH. My cousin lives in Mass though.

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Where in NH has such bad neighbourhoods? Or are you maybe referring to Boston (just 1 hr away).

6. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I already meantioned Manchester and Nashua New Hampshire. The part of New Hampshire I live in is roughly a half hour from Boston. Boston isn't the only city in Mass that has bad neighborhoods. Lawrence, Haverhill, Methuen, Lowell, and a few others in Mass have bad areas too. And like I said, my cousin lives in Mass, Haverhill to be exact.

7. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

I think almost any city with a population of 2-300,000+ has bad parts of town that you shouldnt be in if you can help it and then there are the really big cities 1million+ that there are sections you dont want to be caught in unless you have a death wish of some sort. I am with the other guys I wouldnt care if it was my cousin I would kick his A$$.

KyleS

8. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I felt like kicking his ass, but was too tired from walking up some hills to the house. I have no idea why he said what he did, because he knows me and our friend are far from being prejudiced/racist. It was definitely not a neighborhood to be saying that crap in, due to being populated mostly by blacks and Hispanics. If more heard him, it's not like they are gonna believe 2 white guys when they say they aren't racist when they go to kick our asses.

9. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Well, well, well, nothing like those kinds of threads that make certain HTF members--read: fewer than twenty of us--a little nervous. Dunno what else to say. "Run away, run away!" seems like a good comment.

10. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

I'd stop hanging out with him, it sounds like he's an alcoholic. When you drink to the point that you're acting like you don't want to, and your'e endangering your family, it's time to seek help.

If that's the way he NORMALLY acts, then why are you hanging out with him in the first place?

11. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

I agree with Larry - it sounds like this person has issues. Maybe he a bit prejudiced/racist himself. Either that or his friends are, and when he's around them he has to act "cool".