What's new

My conventional Tempest sub is up and running! (2 Viewers)

Jeffrey_S

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,
I've had this baby up and running for about a day. I've learned never to evaluate a driver until it's broken in. Even though this sub isn't totally broken in, it sounds great! When it's fully broken in I'll give a more complete review. It moves alot more air than my ACI Titan, which it is replacing for HT. I'll probably keep the Titan for music in another room. Here are some pics of the final stages of construction:
0.jpg

1.jpg

http://www.extremepages.com/2.pg
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I still need to add the wood trim. I'm in the process of sanding and urethaning it. I'll probably skip the stain. These are the parts I'll need to glue into place on top of the sub and in each of the four corners:
6.jpg

7.jpg

So what do you guys think? Should I use stain or go for the natural look? Was it worth adding the base? I felt that since the sub was going to live on carpet, this would enhance the sound.
Jeff

Kerry Hackney

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff> That looks terrific. It is hard to tell from the pics about the wood trim. If you like it plain go with that, I would finish it maybe gloss cherry or some other red stain. I like red and black together but that is my opinion.

I hope you'll post some of your opinions after you've had a chance to listen for a while. It really is a great looking sub. If I build another one I will be verrry tempted to copy yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks