What's new

My Computer's Speakers Stopped Working (1 Viewer)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
A couple months ago, my computer's speakers stopped working. At the time, I tried numerous things to resolve the problem, but it was to no avail. I knew that I was going to update to Windows XP soon, so I was going to wait and see if the upgraded operating system would solve the problem.
Well, I have XP now, and it didn't
What am I doing wrong here? I've got a 3 piece Altec-Lansing speaker system with a Soundblaster Live! Value card. I've updated the drivers and Device manager has no conflicts.
I get NO sound from my speakers at all. BUT, if I turn the volume to the max, I can hear a hint of sound coming from the subwoofer under the desk.
The weirdest thing is, even though I get no sound from the speakers, if I plug headphones into my speakers, they work fine! (I guess my sig pic came back to haunt me! ;) )
Unless anyone here has any suggestions, the next thing I was going to try was to borrow a friends speakers and see if they work. After that, I was going to make sure the sound card was pushed in all the way. If that doesn't work, I will be out of ideas. Help!

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
If you can plug in your headphones and they work, then there is something wrong with your speakers not your soundcard. Borrow your friends speakers and see if that works.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
My 3 piece speaker set up does this from time to time as well. Try turning off your speakers and then unplug the a/c power from your subwoofer for about 30 seconds. Plug the power back in, turn your speakers on and see if that does the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks