My Completed Home Theater Project... (pic's)

king

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arvi
Pic's have been updated with my new Palliser seats and custom framed movie posters. I decided to get them dry mounted without glass to prevent any glare. Even the anti-glare glass shines with lights above it. Now my theater is truly complete...

Real Name
Tim
I aspire to one day have a dedicated room that looks as good as yours. Right now, I have no choice but to share the family room using a portable screen. I'll have pictures up shortly, but they'll pale in comparision to your HT. Nice work!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Way cool man. Way cool. Very clean and elegant looking too. I think my former HT room (Click on Club Timobi Wan in my sig
)....was a bit too busy. Fun for sure...but maybe too much stuff out. My next one is going to be a little bigger and less stuff in it.

Great job and I am jealous. Lots of hard work and it has paid off. Hope you have many years of rich movie watching memories.

RalphJR

Agent
King, excellent Home theater, one of the best or the best that I have seen, self constructed. You should Pad your self on you back for such a fine job and the hard work

Do you have a 7.1 system or just a 5.1, if so what made you go that route?

king

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arvi
Thanks for the kind words guys! I'm just trying to make time to enjoy it now. It's funny when my wife keeps asking "You wanna' watch a movie tonight?" It sure makes the experience more dramatic to say the least. You hear sounds and notice details that would otherwise be missed. I've never been a big movie buff, but now I find myself at Blockbuster a couple times a week!
I wish you could rent HD movies some place around here.

RalphJr: My Harman Kardon receiver definitely supports the 7.1 capability but from what I understand no movies are truly made in 7.1 yet. Almost everything out there is 5.1, so that's what I hooked up. When the new format is readily available all I have to do is add two more speakers.
I even another set of Polk Audio's sitting in my storage room...

Adam_R

Second Unit
NICELY DONE SIR!

Bravo!

Really a very classy looking HT. I'd love to have mine very similar to that some day.

joseph westcott

Second Unit
Very clean installation. The color looks like a flat Chamois latex. I am kind of partial to that color, myself.

Nice Job! I like how your projector is placed, as well. The lighting should make for some dramatic moments once you get your artwork up.

Enjoy!

tommyc2u

Auditioning
Real Name
Tommy
Very nice, Rayjr said it best " very clean and simple ...not all Gotti ". Its the Theater that my wife and I can enjoy.

Steebrad

Auditioning
Real Name
Stephen B.
Hey King sweet looking room... Props!!!

Also in regard to your post talking about renting HD movies, check out Netflix I know they've already started renting out Blu Ray movies but I am not sure if they've started yet on the HD DVD's. I do know its supposed to be soon though.

PROPS!!!!!

Edward Weinman

Stunt Coordinator
May I offer a suggestion without getting you too upset: the white doors have a habit of reflecting light and will degrade the screen image. You "might" want to reevaluate the door's color and, perhaps, use a darker shade of the wall color for them.

(Just a thought)

king

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arvi

I completely agree with you. The pics posted here were taken with some ambient light, and the lights right above the doors certainly don't help. With the lighting dimmed down all the way, it's not a big problem although bright scenes will show the white doors again. I do plan on painting them the same color as the room sometime in the near future...

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice. I wish the ceilings in my room were as tall as yours. Looks like they're over 8'. And Polk speakers

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirb-dog