What's new

My comedy Contest Results (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I tend to agree with you, but I have no problems when it's used (a la Chris Rock).

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Mark, you have some funny stuff for sure. :emoji_thumbsup:

Just an opinion though as an old fan of standup in general ... I think "specialized" jokes and technical stuff about particular sports go over most peoples heads ... if you are not into the particular sport, it's just not funny.

Just an opinion, sorry :b

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor

I agree. most of the shows that I have been doing have been at sports bars Sooo they go over pretty well. Other times I watch the crowd before I go on to work on my set. but no matter what its a 50/50 shot if a joke will work.

One of my first Jokes I ever told on stage was.

Hey If Nomar Garciaparra were a vegitarian...........Would he still Eat HAM(M)

RichP

Second Unit
You know Mark, you may have found a pretty interesting niche there.

I don't know offhand of any "sports comedians." I mean there are political comedians, blue collar comedians, gay comedians, black comedians, etc, but I can't recall a comic that specialized in sports routines.

You may want to develop an entire act around that and pitch it around to sports bars or at the very least comic clubs in sports-rich cities. Maybe ESPN will offer you a half hour someday ;)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Wow I never would have thought that. and most of my jokes I have put here ahve been sports related. I think you have a great Idea for me thanks Rich.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

:emoji_thumbsup: thanks

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
I forgot that There is s local comic who does sports comedy who I opened for. I ended my set with the TITS Joke Listed above which takes me about 45 seconds to tell that Joke. He went off on the person who put the show together. stating the guy who went on before him went on for his whole set talking about sports.

"DOESNT HE KNOW THAT I DO THE SPORTS JOKES AROUND HERE!!!!!!!!?????????. AND NOT HIM. HES NEVER WORKING WITH ME AGAIN.......

I was speachless. I do one joke and he got PISSED.

BTW way I could care less if i opened for him again.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
If one joke ruined his wole routine he sucks ass anyway. Don't let it get to you. Next time throw-in the best possible, most horribly insensitive Irish sunburn joke too, then nobody else can get away with it....

"Its not that the Irish have a genetic tendency to burn, its really a social one. I mean if your whole country was an unemployed drunk, you'd never get out of bed before dusk and would get pretty pasty yourself."

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
I am in the process of working on my whole act. better delivery better material etc etc etc.

Thanks Guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks