What's new

My Colts stink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
If it makes you feel better, I was rooting for the Colts, because their victory would benefit the Jets' standings in the division.

But yes, they are quite awful.

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Hmmm, maybe we should start a support group for fans of crappy football teams. My Chiefs are 3-9.

Thank God I have college basketball.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if you noticed that I changed my Location file under my name. :) After the OAK loss (which I was at) I knew it was all over.
It hurt losing Pathon, but it killed us to lose both Edge AND Peterson. Plus we have the worst DBs in the NFL.
The good news was that I had the inside scoop in Vegas a few weeks ago and bet big on the 49'ers. Thanks Colts, that pays for my Falcons ticket that I already bought at the beginning of the season.
You know, ever since I bought my TD and XP monkey...???
I will help with the tar when we run Mora out of town.:D

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Yeah, I'm all for running Mora outta town. We need somebody a bit younger - even if it's only a year or two younger :frowning:
If anyone out there reading this has any defensive skills whatsoever, I'm sure you could make the team as a walk-on with no problem. Let me re-phrase that, you'll probably be starting next week.
To top it off, Mannin is my QB in my Fantasy Football league: I needed him to have just an okay game and I would make the playoffs. Needless to say, I'm in the consolation bracket now.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
My Colts suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, they do. ;)
It bugs me because I am a big fan of Ken Dilger, David Macklin, and Brad Scioli from my college days. Macklin looked bad on a few plays that I saw last night. By the way, what happened to Scioli? I didn't hear about him getting hurt or anything. I like the way he played in a few Colts games I caught earlier this season. Frankly, it caught me off guard that he was starting. Never expected it, but he was playing well.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Sports have sucked this year..for me anyway.First Big E dies,now the Colts are basically dead...What am I supposed to do on sunday afternoons...watch a movie?

Derek Bang

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sick of Mora - I agree he needs to go. Too little too late. However, Polian is the one to blame here. He did *nothing* in the off-season to improve the defense. All he did was drop the crusty vets and pick up cast-offs from the Bears. He said it was "building through value." Good job, Bill - you built us a valuable defensive hunk of crap. Polian has made some wise draft choices in the past, so I can't slam him too hard, but he needs to get Irsay to pony up for some real talent or they may as well pack up the team now to head from LA.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
You know, ever since I bought my TD and XP monkey...???
I've also noticed that the Colts started to fall apart when those stupid monkeys became popular. They've cursed the team and must be destroyed!

Also, I'm betting that injury will be the scapegoat that saves Mora's job.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
I don't think Polian is a bad guy. He's done some good things, including picking Manning over Leaf -- when virtually everyone thought Leaf was a can't miss. And if you look at the roster on both sides of the ball, you'll see that they're pretty talented. Bratzke, Johnson, Cota, Washington look to be good contributors.
At this point, I think a lot of the blame must be placed on the coaching staff. You need to be able to put your players in a position to win. This includes reigning in Manning when he wants to force the ball. Giving up 6 big play interceptions is not gratuitious; it is a trend. Bitching publicly about those bad plays is NOT coaching, and will not correct the problem. In fact, a coach of his experience should know better. Mora must go.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Manning certainly is not playing up to his ability. He has forced too many passes this year, resulting in far too many interceptions. How much better would the Colts be if Edgerrin James were healthy? I don't know if the Colts' problems are that simple, but I'm sure Manning misses James as a backfield threat to open up the passing game.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
To top it off, Mannin is my QB in my Fantasy Football league: I needed him to have just an okay game and I would make the playoffs. Needless to say, I'm in the consolation bracket now.
Yeah, my friend is in the same boat in our league. Pretty funny (and sad!!) that Ryan Leaf scored more points from the Dallas bench (0) than Manning last night (-3). Ouch.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I agree: They never seem to be able to throw a pass DOWN the field. I don't think they have thrown more than 10 passes DOWN the field all season.

Most of the INT's that Manning has been throwing really aren't entirely all his fault or bad throws. Sure, he is forcing the ball a little more than usual (because they have to always play from behind during the 2nd-3rd-4th quarters each week) but I really can't blame this all on Peyton.

Mora must go. Get somebody else - anybody else.

Reggie Wayne in Round #1 last season was a mistake (IMO) - they should have looked for a good Defender (Safety or Def-back maybe) - but I do think Wayne will be a good WR in a few years.

Is it me, or does it seem like Dilger either fumbles or bobbles the ball on each pass that comes his way?

I guess I'm still just venting.....

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Manning can't throw it down the field because he doesn't have enough time. A lot of the MNF interceptions occured on deep passes (while he was getting hit)...

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
If you look at it, the Colts aren't winning because there's no reason they should be winning. Their defense is pathetic, Edgerrin is gone, Mora's a jerk, and their offensive line is a joke. The only reason Manning is throwing this many picks is because his line won't give him any time and his receivers won't catch or hold onto the ball.

And for Mora to come out and publicly reem the best person on the team is inexcusable. Oh well, he won't be around next year anyway.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well they do have Meadows and Glenn who are strong. The running game has a lot to do with the line which is why they still got production after Edge was out. Edge gives you an extra 20-30 per game on strength however.

Plus another thing I haven't heard mentioned at all regarding the running game is that while it is still semi-effective I think that part of that is also due to the defenses shifting their focus to the passing game. Thus you still get some rushing yards but your passing game starts to suffer. The defense rushes upfield harder rather than watching for the run and the LBs and DBs can sit in zones more and react to the run rather than committing to it right off.

Peyton has had some really bad luck INTs, tons of them. 2 tipped last night and a 3rd on a near sack. I've seen Wayne cost a couple by not coming back to the ball.

Say what you will but the offense is fine if you put Pathon back in healthy (after all why were we some patient with him if not to have it pay off this year), Wilkins back healthy, Wayne if he hadn't missed camp with an injury which set him back, etc.

Wayne's numbers have really come on in the last 5-6 weeks.

Plus you take Mike Peterson off the defense and it kills us. He is by far the best defensive player on the team.

Macklin sucks (sorry dude). He just doesn't have the awareness. Brooks too, just look at that first TD right over him. He had no idea where the ball was. Burris is converted from FS and gets burned sometimes because of it. Cota is just getting too old. Bashir is a rookie too.

You know what deal I wanted them to do? They got so praised by taking Edge, but why didn't they trade their pick to the Saints and fall back BEHIND the Skins. The Saints would have still taking Ricky, Skins had Davis (and were very high on him) and would have still taken Champ. Then the Colts take Edge AND get all those other Saints picks to help on defense.

I don't know why that gets overlooked but it does and it's pathetic. The Edge pick was great, but they could have had him AND picks. That's not smart and we know it was there for the taking based on what really happened. It's not just some wishful thinking. I thought this on draft day. I couldn't figure it.

Scioli was hurt a few weeks ago and Chukie has been playing in his place, iirc.

This year's draft will have to be all defense, a free agent, and crossed fingers. The FA needs to be a DB with some experience and awareness. And I think Mora has been part of the problem even last year.

To me the biggest turn around with the 13-3 team was Peyton's maturity and the weaker schedule. After all, before Edge it was Faulk, not exactly a great improvement.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
So you out of towners may not know yet, but Colts president Polian went APE SHIT on Jay Mohr today on the Mark Patrick show which follows Jim Rome here in Indy.

As you may know, Mohr reported that James was unhappy with the Colts, was considering leaving the team, and claimed that he got hurt further when being forced to practice by the team. It's hard to be sure how much truth there is to it, but I did hear a "friend of a Colts OL" call the show later and say that Edge was pushed not to practice but to do a private workout for evaluation which he wasn't comfortable with.

Either way, Polian denied it and took exception to it. So today WNDE in Indy put together a chat with Mohr and Polian to talk about the reports. Basically it ended up with Polian going ballistic for 20 minutes, Mohr barely able to get a word in edgewise (pun intended), Mark Patrick pulled off the air and into the boss's office, and a shutdown of all replays of that part of the broadcast.

Yes, things are going great for the Colts.

For the most part this was in some ways similar to Mora's flipout with the Saints a few years ago (which we have been waiting for here in Indy as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks