What's new

My Classical Theater updated... (1 Viewer)

Paul D Snyder

Stunt Coordinator
After getting rid of my anamorphic prisms I've decided to finish my original classically inspired home theater with a 1.85:1 fixed screen. I loved the WIDE screen but I wanted to use my Blu-Ray player and take advantage of the 1920x1080 image.

I've added more gold mouldings and medallions with more on the way. I will be adding a half circle proscenium stage next.

More to come...

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Holy Roman Empire, Batman! I think your proscenium is worth more than my whole setup. Kudos, props, and hats off!

Paul D Snyder

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I added more today...

I took a break and actually watched a movie. I forgot how good it looked with the light out, LOL!

Paul

Paul D Snyder

Stunt Coordinator
After a lot of work, I am getting close to being satisfied with my home theater interior. I've added new wall coverings and a lot more mouldings and medallions.

Paul

chuckg

Supporting Actor
I showed this to my wife, and she immediately swore that I would have to do all dusting myself. hee hee.

Paul D Snyder

Stunt Coordinator
UPDATE 9/5/08 --

I built an 8 foot wide Curved front stage.

I also added a ticket window at the entrance.

I built a small light box for signs.

Paul

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Wow
Simply beautiful ! Your attention to detail is really amazing I am floored ! Johnathan

chuckg

Supporting Actor
If there were a poll for most elegant theater, I would nominate you right now! What you've done goes beyond incredible. People should pay admission just to see the theater!

Kinda makes my "chair with a big dang TV in front of it" embarassingly drab.

Paul D Snyder

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you so much, Johnathan and Chuck! I really appreciate the kind words!

UPDATE: I am still adding elements to the entry/box office. There will be a recognizable "Ticket Taker" inside the box by next week...

More to come....
Paul

chuckg

Supporting Actor
All I can say is wow... I'm kinda wondering if your ticket taker will be coin operated, and tell fortunes?

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator

Just a tad bit too much, but its done in good taste if that makes sense. Overall I can dig it. Whats the seating and audio rack like? What are you using?

Paul D Snyder

Stunt Coordinator
I finally finished hand painting a life cast of Johnny Depp. I added the beard and mustache as well as the slightly opened eyes (he was cast with his eyes closed, of course).

A view with the front glass installed.

And yes, I certainly agree it's a LOT of gold trim/moulding in the theater itself and WAY too much for some people's tastes.

I wanted to recreate the feel of an ornate Opera House from the 1600-1700's.
So the over-the-top decor was necessary.

As far as electronics, it's really quite basic. An Optoma HD projector, DIY screen, Yamaha receiver and Atlantic Technology THX ULTRA speaker set up.
The seats are reupholstered plush side chairs. I eventually want the leather theater style seats but my room is quite small.

UPDATE... I just repainted the eyes so they would be more open.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks