Subtitles: English
Stars:
Sam Elliott as John Riggs
Cloris Leachman as Mrs. McFarland
Rutanya Alda as Aunt Sarah
Abe Vigoda as Orel Benton
Michael Constantine (1927) as Mr. Stewart/Santa

Plot:
A wounded reindeer and a precocious young girl form an everlasting bond in Prancer, a heartfelt drama about devotion, friendship, and the holiday spirit.

Jessica Riggs (Rebecca Harrell) plays an angel in her school pageant … but she becomes a real guardian angel when she finds an injured reindeer in the forest. Convinced that the deer Santa’s one and only Prancer, Jessica vows to nurse him back to health and return him safely home. However, before she can carry out her plan, Jessica discovers that her father (Sam Elliot) has made another, very different plan of his own! But as Jessica races to help her antlered friend find his way back to Santa in time for Christmas, wondrous changes begin to occur in the lives of the people around her … changes which lead to a conclusion that will warm your heart on even the coldest winter’s evening.

Also starring Academy Award winner Cloris Leachman, Abe Vigoda, and Michael Constantine, Prancer is an enchanting film full of "heart and gumption" (Roger Ebert)!

*1971: Actress in a Supporting Role, The Last Picture Show

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers

My Thoughts:

This one was is a holiday drama. I personally found it a little slow for my taste. But not a bad story. It is worth the time put in to watch it. It is one I can see watching again... though not one I will feel the need to watch every year.

Rating:
stars_30_5.png

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
014381003871f.jpg
A Christmas Horror Story (2015/Canada)
BluRayLogo.png
RLJ Entertainment (United States)
Director: Grant Harvey, Steven Hoban, Brett Sullivan
Writing: James Kee (Writer), Sarah Larsen (Writer), Doug Taylor (Writer), Pascal Trottier (Writer)
Length: 99 min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: English
Stars:
William Shatner as Dangerous Dan
George Buza as Santa
Rob Archer as Krampus
Zoé De Grand'Maison as Molly
Alex Ozerov as Ben

Plot:
It's the season of joy, peace, and goodwill...unless you live in Bailey Downs. Last Christmas Eve, two teens came to a grisly end in a school basement. Now, one year later, a new set of horrors has come to town. As three friends explore the site of the massacre, a malevolent spirit is determined to keep them there forever. One of the first cops to the scene of the bloody murders has new complications as his seven-year-old son exhibits terrifying and violent behavior. And when a local family seeks reconciliation with an estranged aunt for the wrong reasons, they suddenly find themselves running in terror from Krampus, the demonic anti-Santa Clause. Not even St. Nick is immune to the terror as he fights back against a horde of zombie elves. This is destined to be a holiday no one will ever forget...

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

This is one I found on Netflix. It is an anthology horror (several stories in one movie) But a different kind of anthology. Unlike films like Cat's Eye, it doesn't separate the different stories. Instead it combines all the stories together. The only other film that I personally have seen do this is the Halloween film "Trick r' Treat." I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I must say though that my favorite story had to be Santa vs. the zombie elves. Unfortunately that story seemed to be shorter then the others. This is one I will have to add to my collection. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Rating:
stars_30_6.png

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
014381003871f.jpg
A Christmas Horror Story (2015/Canada)

My Thoughts:

This is one I found on Netflix. It is an anthology horror (several stories in one movie) But a different kind of anthology. Unlike films like Cat's Eye, it doesn't separate the different stories. Instead it combines all the stories together. The only other film that I personally have seen do this is the Halloween film "Trick r' Treat." I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I must say though that my favorite story had to be Santa vs. the zombie elves. Unfortunately that story seemed to be shorter then the others. This is one I will have to add to my collection. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Rating:
stars_30_6.png
I love this film. Can't wait to watch it again soon.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
786936821970f.jpg
Santa Clause 2: 10th Anniversary (2002/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
BluRayLogo.png
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director: Michael Lembeck
Writing: Leo Benvenuti (Story By), Steve Rudnick (Story By), Don Rhymer (Screenwriter), Cinco Paul (Screenwriter), Ken Daurio (Screenwriter), Ed Decter (Screenwriter), John J. Strauss (Screenwriter), Leo Benvenuti (Original Characters By), Steve Rudnick (Original Characters By)
Length: 104 min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Russian: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Thai: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai
Stars:
Tim Allen as Scott Calvin/Santa/Toy Santa
Elizabeth Mitchell as Carol
David Krumholtz as Bernard
Eric Lloyd as Charlie Calvin
Judge Reinhold as Neil Miller

Plot:
Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of a magical holiday adventure – available for the first time on Blu-ray, featuring a new digital restoration with enhanced picture and sound. Tim Allen is back in Santa Clause 2, the hilarious sequel to the original Christmas favorite.

Scott Calvin (Allen) has been Santa Claus for the past eight years and all seems merry... until his son Charlie lands on the "naughty list." Things gets even more complicated when Scott discovers that he has to marry by Christmas Eve or he'll stop being Santa forever. Your whole family will want to unwrap the heartwarming holiday fun of Santa Clause 2 on Blu-ray High Definition!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:

This is a fun sequel. I enjoyed it quite a bit... though it isn't as good as the first part. I liked the whole story line of making him get a wife and all. I just didn't care much for the idea of having a toy Santa taking over the North Pole. But over all well worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
stars_30_7.png

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
796019795845f.jpg
March of the Wooden Soldiers (1934/United States)
DVDLogo.png
(United States)
Director: Gus Meins, Charles Rogers
Writing: Glen MacDonough (Original Material By), Frank Butler (Screenwriter), Nick Grinde (Screenwriter)
Length: 77 min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:
Stars:

Stan Laurel as Stannie Dum
Oliver Hardy as Ollie Dee
Charlotte Henry as Little Bo-Peep
Felix Knight as Tom-Tom Piper
Henry Brandon as Silas Barnaby

Plot:
Imagine an enchanted fantasy world of timeless characters and magical moments where nothing goes right for the clumsy toymakers, Stannie Dum and Ollie Dee. When notorious scoundrel Barnaby demands to marry the beautiful Little Bo Peep, guess who secretly emerges as the bride. Based on the original 'Babes In Toyland', this movie is a dazzling spectacle of 6-foot wooden soldiers, Mother Goose characters and the beloved team of Laurel & Hardy.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Colorized Version, Cartoons, Short Films & Toy Commercials.

My Thoughts:

While I am sure this is considered a classic in it's own right... I found it to be uninteresting and over acted. Sure there was some entertaining scenes in it. But for the most part I found myself watching the clock and waiting for it to be over with.

Rating:
stars_30_2.png

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
786936286991f.jpg
The Muppet Christmas Carol: Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition (1992/United States)
DVDLogo.png
Walt Disney Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director: Brian Henson
Writing: Charles Dickens (Original Material By), Jerry Juhl (Screenwriter)
Length: 89 min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, French
Stars:
Louise Gold as Muppet Performer
Mike Quinn as Muppet Performer
Michael Caine as Scrooge
Dave Goelz as The Great Gonzo
Dave Goelz as Robert Marley

Plot:
'Tis the season for love, laughter, and one of the most cherished stories of all time! Join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and all the hilarious Muppets in this merry, magical version of Charles Dickens' classic tale.

Academy Award® winner Michael Caine* gives a performance that's anything but "Bah, humbug!" as greedy, penny-pinching Ebenezer Scrooge. One fateful Christmas Eve, Scrooge is visited by the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. Together with kind, humble Bob Cratchit (Kermit the Frog) and his family, the Spirits open Scrooge's eyes – and his heart – to the true meaning of Christmas.

Filled with original music and dazzling special effects, this restored and remastered 50th Anniversary Edition of The Muppet Christmas Carol will become a holiday tradition your family will treasure all the days of the year.

* 1999: Best Supporting Actor, The Cider House Rules; 1986: Best Supporting Actor, Hannah And Her Sisters

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

A Christmas Carol has always been my favorite holiday story. Not only is this a version of that wonderful story... it is a very fun version. Oddly this is the first time I ever seen this version. And I must say I am glad that I recently added it to my collection.

Rating:
stars_30_7.png

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
032429251657f.jpg
It's a Wonderful Life (1946/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
BluRayLogo.png
Paramount (United States)
Director: Frank Capra
Writing: Frances Goodrich (Screenwriter), Albert Hackett (Screenwriter), Frank Capra (Screenwriter), Philip Van Doren Stern (Original Material By)
Length: 131 min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Stars:
James Stewart as George Bailey
Donna Reed as Mary Hatch
Lionel Barrymore as Mr. Potter
Thomas Mitchell as Uncle Billy
Henry Travers as Clarence

Plot:
After George Bailey (James Stewart) wishes he had never been born, an angel (Henry Travers) is sent to earth to make George's wish come true. George starts to realize how many lives he has changed and impacted, and how they would be different if he was never there.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

It's a Wonderful Life... It's a Wonderful Film! This is one of those films that I have seen so often on cable that I plainly got sick of seeing or hearing about it. So I haven't seen it in a very long time. Because of that I forgot how fantastic a film it is. It is a great, true classic story. One I couldn't imagine being any better then what it is. Both Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed was fantastic in this film... as was the rest of the cast. If by some strange chance you never seen this film I urge you to give it a chance this Holiday season.. I am sure you wouldn't be sorry.

Rating:
stars_30_9.png

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I love The Muppet Christmas Carol. That's one of the only holiday films I view EVERY year.

I'm not doing very well with holiday viewing so far. Seems like too many other things going on. I've caught snippets of a few on cable (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation; Santa Clause), but haven't actually made time to watch very much. I have the week off between Christmas and New Year, so I'll probably do most of my holiday watching then.

PS - I'm one of those people who has never seen It's a Wonderful Life.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It'll have to be on TV, as I don't own the disc. Will it be repeated somewhere before Christmas? :P

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just make sure you don't see it with commercial interruptions.

Unless you specifically don't like that kind of film (Capra-corn schamltzy type flicks) you'll end up adding the disc to your collection.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Can I vent just for a moment and say I absolutely hate working retail this time of the year! All the stress! Super busy! Crazy customers! and no time to do much of anything other then work and sleep! Bah! Hum-bug!
The one good thing I remember from it is that the days flew by. It was chaos but every day was quick.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Glaring omissions from the master list (especially 2, 5 and 7):

01. Three Godfathers (1936)
02. Remember the Night (1940)
03. Curse of the Cat People (1944)
04. The Lady in the Lake (1946)
05. A Holiday Affair (1949)
06. Mr. Soft Touch (1949)
07. Scrooge, a.k.a. A Christmas Carol (1951)
08. Blast of Silence (1961)
09. On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
10. The Silent Partner (1978)
11. Lethal Weapon (1987)
12. The Wool Cap (2004)
13. The Ice Harvest (2005)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I380B2B69C2DF32BBf.jpg
Yogi Bear's All Star Comedy Christmas Caper (1982/)
DVDLogo.png
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director: Steve Lumley
Writing: Mark Evanier (Story By)
Length: 23 min.
Audio:
Subtitles:
Stars:

Daws Butler as Yogi Bear
Daws Butler as Huckleberry Hound
Daws Butler as Snagglepuss
Daws Butler as Quick Draw McGraw
Daws Butler as Mister Jinx

Plot:
Boo Boo and Yogi reunite with friends Snagglepuss, Quick Draw McGraw and the gang for a big city Christmas pic-a-nic in the park Join the merrymaking, but get there before the basket is empty! The Flintstones, Huckleberry Hound, Augie Doggie and more also join the Jellystone gang, making this a Christmas caper full of animated favorites for the whole hungry family.

Extras:
  • Play All
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Yogi's Birthday Party

My Thoughts:

The Hannah-Barbara gang get together for Christmas and brings together a father and daughter while they are at it. Nice little nostalgic look at the characters I grew up watching.

Rating:
stars_30_5.png

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
024543562528f.jpg
Home Alone: Family Fun Edition (1990/United States)
BluRayLogo.png
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director: Chris Columbus
Writing: John Hughes (1950) (Writer)
Length: 103 min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, Portuguese: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Commentary
Stars:
Macaulay Culkin as Kevin
Joe Pesci as Harry
Daniel Stern as Marv
John Heard as Peter
Roberts Blossom as Marley

Plot:
Accidentally left behind when his parents rush off on their Christmas vacation, eight-year-old Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) embarks on a hilarious, madcap mission to defend the family home when two bumbling burglars (Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern) try to break in — and find themselves tangled in Kevin's bewildering battery of booby traps!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:

This is one that I haven't seen in many years! I can't believe this movie is 27 years old! I used to see this one on cable every year at back when it first came out... but for some reason I haven't seen it on much at all anymore. I am glad I got the opportunity to see it again... there is many good laughs in it... but I must admit that it wasn't quite as funny as I remembered it being. Though I do see myself watching it again next year.

Rating:
stars_30_7.png

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mother Krampus (aka 12 Deaths of Christmas)

This is one to avoid at all costs. It only cost me $6 for a blind buy, and I still feel ripped off. Basically a bunch of ideas from better horror films all "borrowed" and strung together (like Black Christmas, Nightmare on Elm Street, Candyman). Violating it's own logic at several points, and just completely without logic the rest of the time. Theres really no reason here for the title Mother Krampus other than to piggyback on the success of the Krampus film, though It looks like they might have been planning to go somewhere with a potential sequel.

If you're looking for Christmas horror, watch the much better Krampus, Black Christmas, or the aforementioned A Christmas Horror Story, or mix the scares with humor and watch Gremlins.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks