My car got broken in to

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Randy Tennison, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Damn it. They smash my driver side window with a giant hunk of concrete . . . for my cd collection??? That's all they stole. I had all my CD's in a large case (about 300 cd's), laying on the floor behind the passenger seat. All this for my cd's. What pawn shop is going to buy cd's anymore? Half of them were burned cd's, and none were current. I doubt anyone would be that interested in my collection of Disney music.

If anyone sees a couple of local thugs walking around singing "It's A Small World", let me know!

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This is why I bought a MP3 car deck, and have maybe 10 CD-Rs full of MP3s in a small wallet that's easily hidden from view. The less reason you give crooks to break into your car, the better (and I've had my car broken into twice in my lifetime). It's a horrible feeling at the time, but you live and learn and move on.

3. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i burned a copy of all my CDs for use in the car. if someone is going to steal my original CDs, they will have to break into my house for that.

CJ

4. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Screenwriter

Sorry to hear about it, Randy. That sucks.
    Well I guess that's good especially if you have the original CD or MP3's.

I'm like Patrick, I only carry about 10-15 CD's(most of them burned compilations) with me in my car in a CD wallet while the rest of my collection stays at home. No way I'd lug my big CD album with me in the car. If my car gets stolen or someone takes my CD's in the car(which wouldn't be hard since I have a convertible) I'd only have to replace about 5 or 6 original albums.