My buddy is looking to buy speakers online (B&W, Kef, Paradigm)- any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Josh Wolfman, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Josh Wolfman

Josh Wolfman Stunt Coordinator

Sorry if this is not in the right place...my buddy would like to purchase speakers online- does anybody have site suggestions?

2. kevitra

kevitra Second Unit

Well, B&W and Paradigm don't allow online sales, so good luck (I'm not sure about KEF). If he is looking for used, audiogon.com is a good place to start.

3. BrianJ>Y

BrianJ>Y Stunt Coordinator

Definitely check out AXIOM, aiomaudio.com Their $400 bookshelf compares favorably to Paradigm's Studio 40's. Audioholics.com has a speaker face off that compares them and from my own listening I have to agree with just about everything they had to say about both speakers. In my opinion, there is no better value in the speaker world than Axioms. Tell you friend to check them out, they are mail order only but they do carry a 30 day money back guarantee and their customer service is just about unmatched, very friendly,honest,quick,etc. Call this a sales pitch for Axiom but i'm so impressed by this company and its products that I just have to mention them to anybody I know.

-Brian

4. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    A little help with the URL (missed an x)
    http://www.axiomaudio.com/
    Brain,
    When you say they "compare favorably" do you mean that you believe that they are on par quality wise with the Studio 40s? Or is it that they sound similar to (or would match) the 40s?
    Chris S.