What's new

my best buy has dif prices for full and wide harry potter (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i was just in best buy and they are selling both versions.
(by the way this is the one in delaware on route 202.)
widescreen is 17.99
full is 15.99.

i asked the girl at checkout why they are different and she held her hands up in front of herself anout 3 feet apart and started to tell me that widescreen has more pict.... thats when i sdtopped her and said that both discs have the same exact content.

"o well i don't set the prices"
so should i go back later today to find out who does? and find out what the real reason is for 2 prices?

edited to include the bestbuy.com site has both for 17.99.

i just put this in the software potter thread but no one is even talking about harry potter there anymore.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
She was pointing out that widescreen had more picture, yet you DIDN'T ask her out?

;-)

BB might be doing market tests in some places to see how they sell at different prices. Or it could just be randomness...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
At another forum, someone indicated that this was just a sign error. Both versions were actually selling for the same price when scanned.

Apparently it has something to do with the absolute literal, to-the-letter obeying of signage instructions dictated by BB. Seems the week's instructions said to change the pricing sign for the WS version, but did not explicitly say to also do the same for FS, so some stores did not. But both prices were supposedly the same when scanned.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the sign i saw in my store last week was hand written. the price for the wide was regular price for that week 17.99. but the full screem was lower then advertised at 15.99.

but it's moot because that was 2 weeks ago and the prices are different this week any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks