My Bedroom

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by JoeSlag, Dec 29, 2005.

1. JoeSlag

JoeSlag Auditioning

Hello everyone. I found this site on the google hoping for some help with my "Bedroom Theater". I am a teenager, incase your wondering why this is a bedroom, and I am looking for some advice. I would post a picture but when I went to it erased my first message saying I couldnt have urls, so hopefully my description will do.

First off my bedroom is 10x10, with a bed, computer desk, computer(obvisouly), one 5.1 sound system, one 4 speaker sound system, book shelf with printer on top, and a large cabinet. I also have my tv shelf with a 27"flat screen on top, fish tank in middle, and dvd/vcr player to the side, and a mini system that has my four speakers attached too.

Now let me describe the current lay out. On one wall there is a window 51" wide(wall 1) and on the opposite wall there is a door on the very end, then a closet in the middle of this wall, which is beside the door so the closet is about a foot away from the door, the closet is about 41 inches wide(wall 2). (please tell me your following me so far. Wall 1 has a bed infront of the window going across the middle of the room. Now the wall to the left of wall 1( if you were looking out the window) has a cabinet and the tv shelf (wall 3). The tv shelf is at somwhat of an angle between wall 3 and wall 2 so that I can watch tv from my bed. Now on to the last wall (wall 4) it has my desk, which is on an angle between wall 4 and 1, and a book shelf. Hope everyone got that confusing stuff, wish I could post a picture, unless I missed something.

Ok so for my computer I have a Logitech Z5500 sound system. It is a 505 5.1 system with 317 watts making up the satilites and a 188 watt sub[​IMG]. I have the speakers set up for sitting at the computer and listening to music. So I have three on the desk, one on the small bookself right behind me on wall 4, and the last on the cabinet on wall 3. Please follow me. This also gives sound coming from my dvd/vcr player through its coax output on the "control station". By the way the speakers all go to the sub, the sub to the control station, and the control station to my computer and dvd player, or whatever else.

My other system which is a RCA mini system with 4 speakers making 500 watts, 150x2 for front, and 100x2 for back. It gives sound also for the dvd/vcr player along with my tv and ps2. Its two front speakers are on wall3, and the rear on wall 4 and 2.

So my question is how could I make this better for listening. I would really like to listen to movies better through the better system, the Z5500, but still have music from the computer and here it good. So should I just set up the Z5500 speakers with the tv? as they are set up for the comp right now. Please dont flame me for a stupid post, Im just new to this and looking for a better experience with my system. I was thinking of purchasing a reciever to replace the mini system for the 4 other speakers. Any suggestions? Sorry for the long read.

THANKS,
    Joe

PS if you want for info or some pics or whatever let me know. Thanks!!!

2. drobbins

drobbins Screenwriter

Dave
    Joe,
    If I followed you correctly, it sounds like your TV and computer are on opposite corners of the room. I would move them next to each other, get a video card for the computer that has outputs the TV can use. Then I would use the computer for the DVD player and watch the TV. You can also run the outputs from the TV into your computer, and then the Logitech Z5500 sound system. If the Logitech Z5500 is the better system, use it for all listening.
    Dave