What's new

My Bedroom/Theatre (1 Viewer)

ash.1111

Agent
Real Name
Ashley Irvine
Good evening,

My name is Ashley and I am new to the forums. I am currently in the process of turning my bedroom into a home theatre/bedroom.

I'm not sure if this is the right spot, but I am hoping to have this as my official thread for my purchases regarding the theatre. Oh, and placement/design advice! I will also post pictures of the process.

I currently have a Panasonic ax200e projector, Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-Ray player and a DETEC HD set-top box. All connected via HDMI. Although, no real importance has been placed with the type of HDMI cables used. I also have a Logitech 2.1 PC speakers system for the short-term. Oh, and a very flimsy pull-up projector screen. It's very old, and I plan to upgrade to a pull-down projector screen (80") within a few weeks. The seating distance is about 8-feet.

What type of screens do you recommend? I am looking for something sub-$400aud. It needs to be pull-down, though, because I have some doors over where it will be. No other walls will be suitable for placement and I may consider some kind of black blind behind the screen, as long as it's not too expensive and you feel it will be better.

Then once I have that, I'll move onto the sound system... fun!

Thanks! If you need pictures, please ask.
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

ash.1111

Agent
Real Name
Ashley Irvine
Hi guys,

I found a good deal on a 82" pull-down projector screen. The screen is a RED LEAF RLHT08229W.

Is this a good screen? Are there any better ones for sub-$400?

Thanks!

Link

chris.big.money

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Walter
Have you considered an electric screen? I'm pretty sure you can get an 80" for less than $400. Check out Elite Screens.

ash.1111

Agent
Real Name
Ashley Irvine
Hi guys,

Little update. I have ordered the Logitech Harmony One remote. Also have asked an installer to quote on a 72" pull-down screen. So those two sorted.

Regards power protection, what should I use? Should I use a power cleaner? And if so, what level of protection? (1, 2 or 3?)

Thanks!

ash.1111

Agent
Real Name
Ashley Irvine
Hi guys,

I have an update for you all. I have decided on the brand and model of the screen I'm getting. But I don't know whether to get powder coat ripple white or silver perl???

What colour is better?

ash.1111

Agent
Real Name
Ashley Irvine
In Australia, you won't find an electric screen for under $1,000.

And I don't think I want to get one shipped from overseas. The cost and risk would be too high.

ash.1111

Agent
Real Name
Ashley Irvine
Projector mount with 600mm extension pole has been installed.

Next up:
- Rack or shelves for blu-ray player, set-top box etc;
- Power board of some sort (with extra protection than current one); and
- Sound system with acoustic panels.

I'll keep you guys updated. Feel free to leave comments!

I would love some suggestions for power protection units around $200-400 AUD.

Thanks!

ash.1111

Agent
Real Name
Ashley Irvine
Just an update guys, I am now moving on to sound!

I think I have narrowed it down to these two receivers, thoughts? (Pioneer VSX-919AH or Yamaha RXV-565B)

Also, would these speakers be alright for the main floor ones? 120 watt 2-way floor speakers (Sherwood) $198. I wouldn't need an amp would I?

As for the other speakers, I plan to use some small Panasonic bookshelf speakers that I already own and buy a centre speaker later on. I would then just steal the sub from my other sound system, which I don't use anymore. :P

Yeah?

ash.1111

Agent
Real Name
Ashley Irvine
Alrighty, I have purchased the 919AH receiver and two Dali 'Concept 1' bookshelf speakers. I am going to look for a power protector tonight and some form of stand for the speakers. I will take a picture of the setup soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks