My BED is taking over my Subwoofer??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christopher Chung, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Christopher Chung

Christopher Chung Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys,

I have a set up in my bedroom, and there's not too much room to manuever with my equipment, but you have have to make due right?

Anyways, I am being forced to move my sub into the part of the room where my bed is. The problem is when I'm sitting in my listening chair, the bed will be blocking the view of my sub, causing me to question whether it will affect the sound.

Now my question is whether this will affect the sound at all. Now since the sub's frequency is non-directional (?) I'm assuming this won't be a problem. Anybody ever run into something like this; with a bed maybe?

Thanks!
    Chris

2. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Nope, it won't effect it one bit. I can't see my sub from where I sit, as it it blocked by the couches, but dam, you sure as hell can feel it in your intestines.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The front wave will be somewhat affected, but it should not dramatically change the sound. There is no reason you would need to SEE your sub for it to sound good.

4. Phil Mays

Phil Mays Second Unit

My bed is on top of my bedroom sub, and it sho sounds good!

5. Christopher Chung

Christopher Chung Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the reply guys! I tip my hat to you innovators!

Chris