What's new

My Bass Management troubles: The Final Chapter (1 Viewer)

derek

Second Unit
Philip,
Glad you found a good solution for your system. Hopefully others esp with the lack of bass management in DVD-Audio players can setup something similarly. I am surprised that the Millenium DTS decoder does not have bass management?
------------------
Derek
Surround EX FAQ: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/P...urroundex.html

Luke_A

Agent
Hello, I can't help but think that I am having the same problem. The only thing I know about bass is that when done right, its sounds good. I'm young and don't have the money to afford a nice sub, so all I have is this sub my family got in a 5.1 speaker package.
Anyways..I'm reading your post and your saying what you did. But I'm asking HOW you did it. On the back of my sub there is a single cord that is plugged into the "Line-In" on the sub, and the other end of the subwoofer cord is plugged into the back of my reciever in the little subwoofer plug in. (Theres this little voice telling me to plug the cord into the "Line-out" plug in on the back of my sub. Should I listen to this voice?)
My receiver is a Sony STR-DE845. And I have to hook my speakers in by using regular audio cables(the ones that you hook in the red and black knowbs) on each speaker. So then how do I hook my subwoofer into the front left and right speakers?
Help would be appreciated. I don't know if anything I said makes sense, because I'm getting confused just reading through it...

derek

Second Unit
Luke_A: For your system...the cable should be run from the Sony receiver subwoofer output to the line in on the subwoofer. I'm sure you Sony manual will have more details. I cannot think of any use for the line out on the sub (unless maybe to daisy chain multiple subs.) Configure your speaker settings correctly (small/large etc.) and you should be getting the correct bass to the sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks