1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

My all-time favorite movie process

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ed Maidel, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mysto

Mysto Screenwriter

marv long
    I agree - but I really don't know what to do about it. It seems the only support we now have is projection 1080p or VR. Most BR titles are now only available in Europe.

2. cinemiracle

cinemiracle Screenwriter

Peter
    We screened SOUTH PACIFIC for 25 weeks and THE SOUND OF MUSIC for 41 weeks. The prints were in the same perfect condition when they were first screened as they were when their seasons concluded. It's all about how the projectionists treated the prints. S.P. already had a lengthy season (8 months) at another cinema before we screened it. Properly cared for, a 70mm pint will last for several years without getting so much as a single scratch. Both S.P. and SOM ran for several years each in 70mm in London and Sydney and all with the same print for each film.

3. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    I think “proper care” are the operative words here.

4. Message #64 of 64 Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Vic Pardo

Vic Pardo Screenwriter

Brian Camp
    Also, 3-D is rarely projected properly in theaters. Usually the bulb is too dim. I've never understood the lack of quality control for 3-D projection in multiplexes. As I may have said in an earlier post this thread, I've only had two positive 3-D experiences in theaters in the 21st century: CORALINE at a preview screening in a small screening room, and TRANSFORMERS 3: DARK OF THE MOON in 3-D IMAX on a vary large screen. That's it! The last 3-D screening I went to was MOANA, and only because it was the only convenient screening and if I passed on it, I probably wouldn't have seen the film at all. But I've avoided 3-D ever since.