My adventures at Comic Con (mostly LOTR)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chazz_S, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor

I got a few nice pics of the WETA Gollum and Ringwraith display if you're interested. Along with a bit of write up:

http://chucks888.freeservers.com/rep...mic-con03.html

Long story short, I chatted it up with Richard Taylor, caught up with 'Gollum' and grabbed alot of free stuff. Oh, and the much hyped "ROTK" preview at the panel wasn't all that. It didn't show very much footage (though there WAS some) from the actual film, but that's ok with me since I really didn't want to get spoiled too much.

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Can you check your link? I get a 404 error when I click on it.

3. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor

Terribly sorry Don! It is now fixed.

4. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

If I had enough money to get to California....

5. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor

You should come next year Dave! I imagine that "Hollywood"'s involvement at Comic-Con will only be greater by the year. They should just name it Movie-Con. I would expect next year to be even more crowded though, which is definitely something to be feared.

6. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Very fine site, Chazz. I really admire someone with talent such as yours - your drawings are incredible.

Too bad about the surprise signings...I sympathize with your disappointment.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I attended San Diego Comic-Con back in 1996 and 1997. Maybe I'll get out there in the next year or two. From the looks of it, it does appear that while the comic biz is shrinking, the movie aspect of it will prop it up for years to come.

8. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor

Hey thanks Peter! Glad you like my sketches!

Patrick: I agree with you, the past few Comic Cons have attracted more people than ever even as the popularity of comic books themselves dwindle. I'm only wondering how long before it becomes Movie Con.