What's new

My aching heart - somethings rotten (1 Viewer)

Father John A

Stunt Coordinator
Well after 15 years I opened my Boston Acoustics A60's today to find they had rotten foam! I have always loved these speakers and hate to see them go.

My dilemma: should I refoam these or buy new? On the one hand, these speakers were hard to beat in their price range and I think are still touted as excellent speakers, fixing them would cost less than $20 (do it yourself kit). However, all my other surrounds are Phase Techs (minus my SV PCi). I could get a new set of fronts made by Phase tech.

I would like any suggestions.

Father John A

Stunt Coordinator
Well after 15 years I opened my Boston Acoustics A60's today to find they had rotten foam! I have always loved these speakers and hate to see them go.

My dilemma: should I refoam these or buy new? On the one hand, these speakers were hard to beat in their price range and I think are still touted as excellent speakers, fixing them would cost less than $20 (do it yourself kit). However, all my other surrounds are Phase Techs (minus my SV PCi). I could get a new set of fronts made by Phase tech.

I would like any suggestions.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Well, if it's so cheap to fix, and they run well and you're happy with it...why not just do that?

I wouldn't buy new speakers, given the cost, unless those things just outright die.

My $0.02. ;)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Well, if it's so cheap to fix, and they run well and you're happy with it...why not just do that?

I wouldn't buy new speakers, given the cost, unless those things just outright die.

My $0.02. ;)

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
i refoamed them myself. so far: a pair of smaller advents, on loan to my gf. a large advent for 1/2 of my center channel. 2 large advents in the bedroom. even the wife likes them! she watched ROTK the other day and commented on the sound quality.

ag.

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
i refoamed them myself. so far: a pair of smaller advents, on loan to my gf. a large advent for 1/2 of my center channel. 2 large advents in the bedroom. even the wife likes them! she watched ROTK the other day and commented on the sound quality.

ag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks