My $69.99 HTIAB review

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Grant B, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I rent a room during the week because I commute between LA & SF and didn't want to bring down a lot of gear - everything I have is seperates and fairly large.
    On Monday Fry's advertisted a Norcent HTIAB for $70 ... a price that I never encountered when buying a pair of speakers let alone 6.
    I must admit I am impressed, I paid more for a boombox and it sounds decent. I can't have it loud but at low - normal levels and I can't complain.
    I must admit it sounds better than the $1000+ Bose system my Brother in Law bought and plays homemade vcd dvds mp3s etc etc.
    The controls are fairly funkie and you can tell the set up directions are chinese translated but workable
    2 inputs and dvd outputs so you can use the source and move up....not bad at all.

A good system for the kids or the dog house. I hope it will give me a year or 2 of life
    Grant

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

awesome!

3. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Wouldn't mind a system like that for the bedroom with the 27 inch t.v., but I know the wife would be dead set against it.

4. Grant B

Grant B Producer

The electronics are in case about 2 tall and standard width. Each of the Speakers about 3 inches square with the Base Module (Mistakenly called the Subwoofer) about 6 x 19 x 8.
    It has component out along with 's' & composite along with DD & DPL II for audio.
    Between the price and the small profile silver speakers, it is very wife friendly and much better than the TV speakers that's for sure

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Not as wife friendly as the Proficient in-wall ceiling surround speakers in my bedroom I assure you. [​IMG] Major overkill for prologic but they do sound nice.

6. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I mostly have in walls @ home but when it's not your place ...

When I told her I bought a new stereo over the phone; I could almost hear the tension.
    Then I told her the price .....and a sigh of relief

7. Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan Supporting Actor

WOW, consumer electronics have reached a new low [​IMG]