My $4.99 Circuit City game sale experience

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PerryD, Jul 11, 2004.

1. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Drove to 2 different Circuit Citys this morning to check out the $4.99 video game sale. Apparently, the sale started at some stores on Tuesday last week, but the advertised sale started officially today. The CC by me did not have any new titles on sale today, so I drove 15 minutes or so to the next closest and was able to bag these titles: Spyhunter 2, Blood Omen 2, Dino Crisis 3, Herdy Gerdy, Dr. Muto, Ty the Tasmanian Devil, and Defender. I showed some restrant and put back Dead to Rights, Quantum Redshift, Great Escape and Run Like Hell. In the 15 minutes or so I was at the store, about half of the 100 or so games they had sold, so I'm sure I missed quite a bit by showing up late.

2. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Its too bad my CC closed in my town. The closest one is only 20 minutes away, though. Sounds like some really good deals!

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

[​IMG]

4. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

Uh...! I certainly hope this sale is over, OR that these games have sold out completely at my CC, because I don't need to spend any more money on games I don't need, and rest assured -- at the $5 price point I'm grabbing EVERYTHING I see.

s!

5. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

I caught the sale after reading the FYI on LCVG (which originated from cheapassgamer.com). The games went to the $4.99 price a week early in the computer, and so they were cleaned out quite a bit last Sunday.

I had a nasty charleyhorse that morning but limped out there and got a few titles. Didn't get Disagaea, Wild Arms 3, Tactics Ogre, Grandia Extreme, etc, - any of the other RPGs that I really wanted to pick up. Or Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe, or any of the other awesome titles in the sale.

But I got Devil May Cry 2, Ring of Red, Bomberman Generation (gc), Mortal Kombat: DA (gc), and a couple others I can't remember.

Turned down Legaia 2, Street Fighter EX3, a couple others, due to budget constraints.

I hear they may keep restocking, but I've been too poor to look. If I go and find something I may spend money. I can't afford to do that!

There was one guy on cheapassgamer that bought every one he could get from multiple stores. He had a picture of them - like 100+ on his table. For reselling on Ebay. Bastard!

Edit : You can find the current list here if you hadn't caught wind of the sale before. Good luck!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/v...er=asc&start=0