My 36" Zenith HDTV Monitor creates drag-lines in 1080i Xbox games

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Josh Q S, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Josh Q S

Josh Q S Stunt Coordinator

This problem has been driving me crazy! I've been testing and testing and asking around about this to anyone with some HDTV knowledge and at least one functional ear.

Whenever I play Xbox games (progressive or HD, ie 1080i) I get drag-lines (bright colors want to bleed across the screen into darker areas). The drag-lines are nearly invisible on 480p mode, but when I play Dragon's Lair at 1080i, the draglines are VERY visible [​IMG] I brought my Xbox over to ABC Whorehouse and we tested it on another HDTV set with absolutely no drag-lines visible :/ So now I know:

a) it's not my Xbox
    b) it's not my cables
    c) it's not the game

The picture on my Zenith HDTV is breathtakingly clear, and that's why these scanlines are driving me insane! Some guys over at ABC Whorehouse said that it's probabily because my tv is an HDTV MONITOR. The fact that it's refurbished probably doesn't help :/

My HDTV model number is D36D53

here's a link to some specs
    http://www.epinions.com/Zenith_D36D5...ay_~full_specs

If anyone has ANY ideas on how to fix this problem, PLEASE help me, I'm at my wits end [​IMG]

PS Yes, I have thought about calling the Zenith tech support, but I'm affraid of bad news [​IMG] However, I'm still covered by the 90 day warranty (in-house if necessary)

Thanks in advance!

2. Josh Q S

Josh Q S Stunt Coordinator

Doesn't anybody know what I'm talking about? Where else could I ask about this? I've inquired here about 3 times now with little luck. Thanks for any help/direction.