What's new

My 25-31PCi arrived! (1 Viewer)

Gary King

Second Unit
w00t!
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
I just upgraded from an Atlantic Technology 162PBM...
The PCi gives a whole new meaning to 'feeling it in your bones.' And hair... and walls... and windows... and floor.
One Lobby Shooting Spree was enough to attract the neighbor's complaints already.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Now you're getting me all excited, My sub will be up and running this friday, Expect a happy outburst post soon.

(if my enclosure works for a temp)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Welcome to the "Club" Gary - and once you get yours Chris!
... whole new meaning to 'feeling it in your bones.' And hair... and walls... and windows... and floor.
Playing your 'existing' library of familiar DVDs will take on a ... "whole new meaning", ... too!!! ;) :) :D
Just 260 DVDs to go!
Phil

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Gary -
do you live in an apartment? My 25-31PCi should be here today/tomorrow - might be interesting to see if I get along with my neighbors this weekend...
:)

Gary King

Second Unit
Dave -
Yep. So far, only the neighbors upstairs have been complaining (I demoed some scenes from The Matrix again last night for some friends... and cranked the PCi *way* up). They don't seem to appreciate their windows, floors, and walls shaking violently. :D
Halo on the SVS is just ridiculous. 4 player Rockets on Prisoner is about the best damn sub demo ever.

Karl Englebright

Stunt Coordinator
The PCi gives a whole new meaning to 'feeling it in your bones.' And hair... and walls... and windows... and floor.
This may sound like a stupid question, but does it feel like it hits you in the chest? Rumbling and rattling are fine but the "wave of air" hitting you is what I would like to experience. :)

David Rip

Auditioning
Well this looks like a good thread to throw my two cents in. I am new to this forum but wanted to post and say "hats off" to the gentleman at SVS. I realize some here are sick of seeing these kinds of posts and to them I say. Well don't read em! Anyway I felt I needed to say thanks to SVS. My 25-31 PCi hit yesterday and it more than met my expectations. (Tom even threw in a T shirt for my birthday!)
I love the cylinder look in the corner of my block wall. And the performance of this subwoofer literally blows away my old JBL PB12. Some people out there really tried to sway me away from SVS and to buy the VTF-3 HSU sub. I am certain that the HSU is a serious performer but I wanted the SVS, period! I mean, buy from Racial slur on Dr. Hsu removed by admin or buy from some good ole boys that started in the garage next door. Well I know who I want to stand next to and support.
Thanks again SVS for the excellent service and building a subwoofer that I can be proud of!
DaVe :)

Art_C

Stunt Coordinator
Karl,
Just put in the Pod Race scene and you will most definitely feel it in your chest. The part where they just start the engines it's like you are feeling the exhaust hitting you without feeling the heat, very cool. Jurassic Park 3 is also a great chest, wall, dish and whatever thumping material.
David,
I love my SVS as much as the next happy customer but I think your comment comes off a bit insensitive... I'm sure that's not your intention. I know that SVS is assembled here in the US but I think plenty of parts came from over seas, probably no more or less so than Hsu Subs. It's a global market and it's the only way to do business. This reminds me of an article that I read a few years ago that states that of the cars that are sold in the US, the model that contains the most domestic (US) parts is the Toyota Camry... So why do people label it a foreign car then? I'm sorry this is bit off topic but just had to get it off my chest.
Speaking of chest, back to more thumping from SVS. :)

Karl Englebright

Stunt Coordinator
Just put in the Pod Race scene and you will most definitely feel it in your chest. The part where they just start the engines it's like you are feeling the exhaust hitting you without feeling the heat, very cool.
Just what I wanted to hear! I can't wait to have enough pennies saved! :)
Thanks, Art!

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
David R, I hope that you will edit your post. I spent a great deal of time between Dr. Hsu and SVS and ended up buying a 25-31PCi. I am very happy that I did.
Dr. Hsu was wonderful to deal with and does not deserve to have his name slandered. I am willing to bet that you have quite a few overseas products in your possession (as we all do).
Thanks Art.;)

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
I've been a SVS owner for a week or so. I have the dual SVS25-31CS+ with a sampson amp. It has added a new dimension to HT living. I used to have a Rava but with this upgrade it adds so much more. My HT room is 20X30 enclosed. The windows rattle, the floor shakes and CD's even vibrated out of there holders. The wow factor probably will never wear thin. I love showing it off to friends and family. My niece was over (5 years old) and she was loving it. I played the matrix heli crash and the air that was moving was insane. I have yet to clip these babies. I wish to get rid of all the vibrations out of the room though. I love the port plug, it added more "feeling" in TPM. All said and done...SVS has done a fine job in the subwoofer catagory.

Donald_Spry

Stunt Coordinator
Back on topic, I am trying to make my mind up on which sub to get- 25-32pci, paradigm pw-2200, or 20-39pci. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the two SVS's. I have read a few post, and even the SVS site, stating the 20-39 is more suited for for these low bass tracks.

My question for you is are there any moments in TPM pod race, or any other DVD's, when you felt the 25-32 was lacking or did not handle accurately? I too want to "feel" the bass. However, I (and mostly wife) would prefer the smaller tube, as well as save $100, if the 25-31 can provide the "feeling" and accuracy--I am not looking for a total earth shaker. At the same time, I don't want those "few seconds" of a movie to be 3 sec. of fluttering bass or bottoming out.

Thanks,

DJ

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Let me just state this openly: Do not use racial slurs or ridicule to describe/denigrate producers of home theater products. There is no place for such nonsense on the HTF. You risk suspension of your posting privileges on the HTF for such nonsense, and possibly banishment if a pattern of such posting behavior is established. Let's treat people with respect, especially those who are creating products that add to our home theater enjoyment.

David Rip

Auditioning
The other day I posted here with respect to my new 25-31PCi sub. (Figgured this thread was a good place for it) Not sure why but the post never showed up. I will try again one more time for I wanted to express my thanks to the fellas at SVS for the product and service.

As I read this forum I see that some people are "sick" of reading about people enjoying their new SVS subs. Sort of like the Swan Diva craze in another forum. Regardless of that if you don't like it, don't read it.

Hat's off to SVS the "guys next door" for making a fine subwoofer. Some people attempted me to go in another directions (HSU) and while the other sub is a great sub woofer. I don't buy into that "Dr." stuff and I would rather support guys like myself. Time us good ole boys started sticking more together if you know what I mean.

Thanks SVS for sending the T-shirt along with the sub for my birthday. That was kind of you to remember that. I am enjoying this new sub woofer as it just blows away my old JBL PB12. THUMBS UP!!

DaVe

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Thanks Dave,

Since you are new you might not know that the "Edit" icon above each post allows you to change your words after the fact. Click on it and you can deleted an entire statement, or even a phrase.

In the haste of a posting we can all write things that afterwards look or sound ... wrong.

We greatly appreciate your enthusiasm about your sub, but make no mistake Dr. Hsu is a great guy with great products and has great respect from all of us at SVS.

Ron

David Rip

Auditioning
Let me just state this openly: Do not use racial slurs or ridicule to describe/denigrate producers of home theater products. There is no place for such nonsense on the HTF. You risk suspension of your posting privileges on the HTF for such nonsense, and possibly banishment if a pattern of such posting behavior is established. Let's treat people with respect, especially those who are creating products that add to our home theater enjoyment.

"Racial slur"?! Geeeee lighten up will ya? Come one now, just was jokin around. I was faaaaaar from being "racial". As I am new to this forum I clearly don't understand the rules that you have here. Didn't realize everyone is so sensitive. Whew! I have seen many forums on line. I prefer the ones that are not so conservative in nature allowing folks to speak their minds. After all, you don't have to read what you don't like. I never did need my mother watching over my shoulder myself. Some do and forums like this are perfect for them. Tell ya what, you don't have to ban me, I will just leave quietly and let you all live in your sheltered bliss. Priceless, racial...gotta luv it. (walking away, shaking head)

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
"Time us good ole boys started sticking more together if you know what I mean."

Wow ... Scary stuff David ...

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Sir, I think your racist post might indicate otherwise.
"Whatever you do, however terrible, however hurtful, it all makes sense, doesn't it, in your head?
You'll never meet anybody that thinks they're a bad person." -Tom Ripley, The Talented Mr. Ripley

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks