What's new

My 2 day old 42H82 is acting up hardcore! (1 Viewer)

Jake N

Auditioning
Yesterday afternoon I was watching my TV when all of a sudden, the TV shut off and when I turned it back on I wasn't getting any sound. So I turned on my reciever and I couldn't even get any sound out of my surround sound either!
Late last night when I came home, I turned the TV on just for the heck of it and I was now getting sound out of the surround sound but none out of the TV speaker. The sound is now going in and out with surges where it will get really loud and then really quiet for no reason. (Also, I am experiencing the hissing sound and it definitely bothers me.)

Lastly, my remote has not been working consistently at all. It will be working fine but all of a sudden it will completely stop working and then 5 minutes later it will work again.

Can anyone offer me any advice as to what to do?

(This is my first post and I'm a little depressed that it's under these circumstances.)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to welcome you aboard under such circumstances, Jake. But take Doug's advice. Exchange the set immediately.

Jake N

Auditioning
That's what I was afraid of.

Now, do I talk to the dealer where I bought the TV or do I call Toshiba directly?

Thanks for the advice guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks