What's new

My 2 cents worth on “Brothers Grimm” (1 Viewer)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Cinerama screen being installed at the Orpheum

Ah, to see them built... :D This is for the original, and not the restoration screenings?

(Growing up in the 70's, I remember the old Charles theater in Boston was a former ex-Cinerama theater that was now just regular widescreen, but still had its main theater big enough that it felt like we were watching the original Star Wars on Cinerama.)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Ah, to see them built... :D This is for the original, and not the restoration screenings?

(Growing up in the 70's, I remember the old Charles theater in Boston was a former ex-Cinerama theater that was now just regular widescreen, but still had its main theater big enough that it felt like we were watching the original Star Wars on Cinerama.)

The Charles theatre opened in 1967, was not a Cinerama theatre. The Boston theatre was the only Cinerama theatre in Boston.

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Strohmaier
Happy Holidays to all Cinerama and large format fans from “Christmas Land”.
This new restoration is looking great and most of the hard work is already finished.
The plan is that it will come out through Warner Archives sometime in the fall after a premiere showing at the Cinerama Dome.
Dave
View attachment Christmas Land.jpg

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’m looking forward to this more than any NEW movie next year! I’m a relatively recent fan of this film, got a used VHS of it and saw it for the first time in 2013, the year I finally got around to seeing all the George Pal films I had yet to see and I immediately fell in love with it and is my second favorite of Pal’s. (The Time Machine has long been my favorite having been watching it since I was a small child.)

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
This new restoration is looking great and most of the hard work is already finished.
The plan is that it will come out through Warner Archives sometime in the fall after a premiere showing at the Cinerama Dome.
Dave
View attachment 83803
A week or so ago TCM did a broadcast of the documentary Going Attractions: The Definitive Story of the Movie Palace which was great and i saw your interviews in it. Happy it mentioned my childhood theater The Genesee in Waukegan, Illinois.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Dave stromaier -
Two questions for you.
I the book on Star is Bron, It mentions a dave stronaier ad found the uncut sooundtrack for the film. Was that you?

second question - can we get some souindtrack cds of the music from the cinerama.
My two favorites are alex north score for south sea adventures
and tiomkins score for Search for paradise.
They both need more music and Search needs the original stereo recordings.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
61nPTdMJbbL._SX425_.jpg

61LBV8D0P4L._SX425_.jpg

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I have only found South Seas Adventure as a down load on ITunes. The rest of the Cinerama soundtracks are on CD and can be ordered from Film Score.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
south seas adventures is not the complete score.
the search for paradise cover is from a mono bootleg, not from the stereo mags and not complete.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Of course it’s not the complete score it’s from what was released on the CD. Geez.

I purchased the soundtrack for Search For Paradise from Film Score. I have know idea if it’s bootleg or not but I enjoy it As I do the other CD soundtracks including Holiday In Spain.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Ill try again My question was whether the original complete stereo track existe4dd at cinerama - could they be used for new cds releaes?

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Strohmaier
On the soundtrack question: Cinerama was involved with the Sepia records soundtracks for Search for Paradise, Seven Wonders, Cinerama Holiday, both Windjammer versions and also Best of Cinerama releases. Notes in each release details about the recordings which came for several sources as the vaults did not have much other than the magnetic print masters for each shows final soundtrack mix.

On the Star Is Born book question about the 1983 restoration I was the person who located the magnetic print master for the stereo tracks on the complete version back in 1976. It was several years later that Ron Haver wrote the book and forgot how to spell my last name.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
Since the latest update to HTF, I am unable to open the web site with my browser, internet explorer.
Administrators please help.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Since the latest update to HTF, I am unable to open the web site with my browser, internet explorer.
Administrators please help.
As much as I'd love to help you out, Internet Explorer is no longer supported on HTF as it requires a ton of hacky code to work, and will be officially killed by Microsoft in August 2021.

I suggest you download Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as they will work perfectly.

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
Dave
View attachment 83803
If I'm still in LA by the time the premiere happens, I'll be buying a ticket for the event day one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks