moviepas

Supporting Actor
Around the World in 80 Days
Four titles listed in about 4 posts that I want and all lead to Warner Bros:
Around the World(all elements were given by Elizabeth Taylor to WB)
Porgy & Bess. Goldwyn whose titles are under WB distribution currently
The Alamo. Isn't there are new deal of some sort with WB & the current MGM?
Raintree County thru their Turner/MGM oiwnership.

I could add Ryan's Daughter which has also been neglected,

I would order as soon as any appeared to buy.

JamesSmith

Screenwriter
I've neither seen it either. Hope the soundtrack gets rereleased.

What would be the next big movie restoration to come out on DVD, Blue Ray, or 4K?

--james
Perhaps I should have qualified "big movie" as a film that hasn't come out on VHS, DVD, Laser, Blue Ray or 4K? Or one that has been rarely seen?

--james

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Before and after restoration
View attachment 80459

Notice a slight image crop on the restoration's left side but it looks amazingly pristine!
Cropping needed to correct barrel warping, Cinerama horizon sag, splices at top and bottom, and flashing of a white splice line at every cut. This is normally done by aperture plates when shown in a Cinerama theatre.

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Just read the article and am absolutely, awesomely STUNNED AND THRILLED!! Actually, I never gave up hope that David Strohmeier and crew would find a way to restore the last, and I believe, the greatest of all the Cinerama films. (Thank you George Pal) And it looks like the dream is about to become reality. My Oppo player is ready. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! P.S. What would be the chances of getting a ticket to that premiere screening at the Cinerama dome next year? That would be the ultimate experience for this Cinerama fan, since I worked at the Uptown Cinerama theatre in Wichita, Kansas in 1962-63 when I was in high school and was there for the premiere of WWOTBG! Many fond memories which I still enjoy to this day! CINERAMA RULES!!!!

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
This is truly a dream come true for the ages and I absolutely can't wait. Thank you David and your team. You have transformed hope into glorious reality and there are legions of grateful fans who will be placing their orders @ Flicker Alley on day one! You have worked a MAJOR MIRACLE!

Reactions: Bill Huelbig

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
How very informative, Mr. Strohmaier! I look forward to seeing the finished product. I will ask what may be a bit of a silly question. The extensive FSM CD of Leigh Harline’s score contains an “Act I Epilogue” not heard in the print that has been airing on TCM (I have included the link to a YouTube video below with the music in question so you’ll know what I’m talking about). Will this music be on the restored print along with the overture, entr’acte, and exit music, if it was ever part of the initial roadshow engagements, of course?

I, too, own that CD and it's absolutely wonderful and sounds like it was recorded "yesterday." Cinerama sound was far ahead of it's time and it really shows in this recording!!!

Reactions: Darby67

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
.. That would be the ultimate experience for this Cinerama fan, since I worked at the Uptown Cinerama theatre in Wichita, Kansas in 1962-63 when I was in high school and was there for the premiere of WWOTBG! Many fond memories which I still enjoy to this day! CINERAMA RULES!!!!
1603332609270.png

1603332635638.png

1603332673605.png

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
The LP album from:
Orpheum Theater San Francisco
THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM
Premiere: August 8, 1962
Duration: 29 weeks

Attachments

Last edited:

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
This is truly a dream come true for the ages and I absolutely can't wait. Thank you David and your team. You have transformed hope into glorious reality and there are legions of grateful fans who will be placing their orders @ Flicker Alley on day one! You have worked a MAJOR MIRACLE!
As noted elsewhere, this will be a Warner Archive release.

Reactions: nara

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macoco