What's new

My 1st SVS Sub (1 Viewer)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Just bought my 1st SVS sub, I hope you guys are right about how good they are. I bought the 2531pci I hope its big enough my room is 13ft by 23ft with 1 entry way and has 8ft ceilings. I live in a townhome so I can't get to crazy. I thought I would get a free t-shirt but didn't read anything about getting one with my sub purchase. Oh well.

JerryCulp

Stunt Coordinator
It's hard to say how the sub will work out in a room by size.

I have a smaller room upstairs that my 20-39PCi was good but not awesome like I wanted. I received my PB2+ a couple of days ago and it is awesome.

Our downstairs living room is larger and has 1 really large opening and one large opening. By just going with that, you would think the 20-39 wouldnt have much effect down there, Wrong! It sounds 2x better in that room than it did upstairs.

The downstairs is more square, which I think helps, instead of having notches, nooks and a dormer like the upstairs room. It is also less cluttered, and the seating position is on the back wall, not in the center like the upstairs.

When you get it, try moving it around, even a few inches can make a difference. Most likely in a corner between 6 and 12 inches from the walls is going to be the best spot.

You need to ask them for a shirt, they usually charge for it, but you never know. Now if you ordered and it was backordered, SVS has been known to drop a shirt in to ease the pain of the wait.

If you have a question do not hesistate to drop them an email. The only time I have not recieved a reply from them is between 2am and 6am on any day of the week. I have literally received an answer from them at 1:12Am on a Sunday. You will never find customer service like SVS has.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Thanks, I was still hoping get a t-shirt. Maybe I will drop them an e-mail. 3 of my neighbors are considering getting SVS subs but they want to wait and see what mine sounds like.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Can you buy t-shirts on there website. I haven't seen anything. I thought I heard someone say they send you a t-shirt for 1st time customers. I guess I was wrong. I would probably buy 1 if they sell them.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Steve,

They do sell t-shirts on their site. Look under parts/accessories.

To my knowledge they don't give t-shirts to first time customers. They are already giving customers one hell of a sub for one hell of a price. They have been known, however, to throw something in if they feel the customer has been unnecessarily inconvenienced. For instance, if you ordered a pb2+ when they thought they were first shipping, and was one of the people who had to wait an extroardinarly long time, then there may have been a little bonus in there for you.

-Robb

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
That's funny. :)

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the original poster just thought if he could whine enough, they'd send a shirt.

Aaron

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

Sorry you missed that:

Link Removed

Just scroll down to the bottom of the page.

PS Your sub hasn't left the shop yet so you still have time ;^)

Ron

Steve F M

Screenwriter
1st off thats not the case at all about whining. I am purchasing a t-shirt now from there website. I could not find them before. And some people were partially right about the t-shirt with the sub. When I was looking around there website a little under items for sale they did have some subs they were selling that included a T-shirt(Link Below) and some did not. It must have been a promotion of sorts. Am I right Ron.

Like I said earlier I had no problem buying a t-shirt, I just could not find them. Thanks again Ron.

Hometheaterforum won't let me post a link since I am fairly new to the site, but if you goto svsubwoofers.com and goto storefront they do have pci and other subs for sale that include a t-shirt at no ewxtra cost.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I have an SVS t-shirt. I love it. It far outclasses even much more expensive t-shirts using objective, repeatable criteria and has a superior support staff to boot if ever I encounter a problem. In fact, I did have a problem with the first one I received (before the improved screen-printing process of the TS-i), but even though it was mainly my fault (remember: wash whites with whites!), they took care of me. I don't see myself ever needing to upgrade unless I really chunk up or the rumored "TS Ultra" is released in late fall.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
No problem Steve, given shipping costs (or rather the lack of them when you get a shirt with your sub...) WITH the sub is really the only time that makes sense.

Jack. Good one. We actually did a big improvement on shirts a few months back. So you are closer than you might think!

Terence,

The vendor, who shall remain nameless, just sort of fell off the map. No returned calls or notes. So we're at square one with wall logos again. Too bad, we were supposedly working some cool embossed aluminum jobs but it's not going to happen right away. We'll target early 04' for something new. For now it's coffee mugs or t-shirts if you want to show off your SVS colors.

Ron

terence

Supporting Actor
Thx Ron for the update, i'll just pick up a T-Shirt for now. The aluminum designs sound pretty cool, i guess good things come to those who wait.:D

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Not sure if this would be OK to do but maybe someone could make a printable SVS sign and people could print it and put it in a frame as a temp solution...RON/TOM would this be OK?

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Jack. Good one. We actually did a big improvement on shirts a few months back. So you are closer than you might think!
Hah! And don't get me started on my coffee mug. I took it into Starbuck's just to see how it would fare against the B&M competition...you should have seen the assembled jaws drop! I think I sold three or four mugs for you guys that day, it wasn't even close. The one advantage the "big name" cup had was that brown ring-thing made from "27.4% post-consumer recycled material" or some such crap that slips onto the cup and protects the hands (fyi-it also keeps fingerprints off the cup, in case you're being tailed by the feds who tend to pick the garbage after you). I draw the analogy to the limiters on a Velodyne sub in that each make the end product essentially "idiot-proof". For instance, while the SVS cup is a stellar performer, I sometimes have to wait for hours for it to cool before I can even stay in the same room with it, while the Starbucks recycled ring-thing allows me to immediately grab the almost-gaseous liquid from the shaking, tubercular hands of the barrister and burn the sh*t out of my tounge to the point of scarring.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks