What's new

My 1st DD/dts/DPL II receiver (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
OK, just ordered my first Dolby Digital/dts/Dolby Pro-Logic II receiver. Ordered a refurbished TX-DS494 directly from Onkyo for $261.00 including shipping and a 2 year Onkyo extended warranty (for a total of 3 years). I could've went with a brand-new SR-500 for about $10.00 more but that receiver doesn't include a phono pre-amp, which I will use in the future. Man....the anticipation! When the DS-494 arrives, it will only be used to powered the L/R speakers (that's all I have right now) with a Sony NS-500V DVD/SACD player and a Panasonic Hi-Fi VCR. For now, that is. Thanks for everybody's comments and expertise on this forum.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Congratulations. I personally consider the 494 to be one of the best entry level DD/DTS receivers ever made. Little fluff and all business.:emoji_thumbsup:

itai

Stunt Coordinator
danny, congrats, its a sweet reciever, it was my first av box also, and i loved it, amazing sound quality, very good ergonomics, great.
i used it for 6 months or so, and upgraded (to denon 3802), because it couldnt handle the laod of 5 paradigm studio speakers though.
still, for two channels, it should sing.
cheers

Mike Huay

Stunt Coordinator
I own this unit. Very nice and clean, and a super value. I have no complaints about it. I may have the taste and knowledge to choose a higher receiver, but not the money. So I am happy with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks