What's new

My 1K post - HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi everyone -
for my 1k post, i'd like to wish everyone a happy chinese new year. i hope you all find health and prosperity in this new year!
"Gung Hay Fat Choy"
as a side note, i'd like to thank everyone for letting me hang out and provide my (hopefully useful) input. i think this place and it's members, are wonderful!
now i only have to think of 999 other excuses...
:)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Thanks Ted, and a happy Chinese New Year to you too.

If they didn't ban firecrackers in NYC, it would of been real cool. I went to Chinatown, NYC on Saturday to pick up some groceries, it's the first time I've been there since a long time ago and things are certainly busy over there this time of year but I missed having to wade through 2 inches thick of firecracker paper and just massive people and stuff. Those were the days...sigh.

So tomorrow I took a personal day to hang out with my family and all my sisters are coming over and we're going to play Mah Jongg and I'm going to win all the money so I can buy the Bryston amp that I need... (yah!) We can make all those yummy "fat go"... Have no idea how to write it in English from the Chinese name but it's the rice flour cakes that we always make this time of year.

Jay

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Happy Chinese New Year to you too!

Congrats on your 1000th post...it's a number I cannot even fathom. You're one of the names I've begun to recognize and the posts that I look forward to reading.

Do you celebrate the new year in one way by eating moon cakes? Or is that just for the autumn festival? I overdid the moon cakes in an eating contest to get the girl many years ago and have not been able to stomach them again. Both of us looked like fools and she just snickered at us.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thanks guys!
unfortunately, i won't get a chance to hang out with my family on the actual new year day. but i did get to go to LA this past weekend and collect those oh-so-wonderful red envelopes! luckily i'm not married yet.... :)
we did the traditional festivities. of course, i got some tangerines to take home and put on my kitchen table! ate all the usual stuff too! it was very yummy!
thanks for the kind words peter! i certainly hope i'm helping in some small way...

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Happy New Year to All!

I have not gotten the red envelope in a while. Since I am recently married, we are now the people who have to give out the gifts.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yep! one of the definite benefits of being an unmarried asian!!! good ol red envelopes! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks