My 1000th Review Live at digitallyObsessed

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mark Zimmer, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Hey folks,

I thought I'd make mention that today I've broken the 1000 review barrier over at HTF partner www.digitallyobsessed.com. I got my start there after Bob Mandel, the original editor, saw some reviews I had done here at HTF on some classical music DVDs (a couple Beethoven symphonies, as I recall). I was taken on to do classical music reviews for their fledgling site as the first outside reviewer added to the stable, and then I fatefully expressed to Bob an interest in reviewing movies too. And oy, how the movies and music DVDs have come. 1000 of them solo (plus a handful of joint reviews not counted in that total). Plus I have half a dozen more in the can waiting to go live....

Since my first review for the site was a DVD of the opera Turandot by Puccini (amazingly still in print, all these years later), present editor debi mandel thought it highly appropriate that my landmark 1000th also be of a classical music DVD, and you can see this massive 9-disc set's review here (and it's a dOc exclusive to boot).

It's been a long and wild ride, with me accidentally developing something of a reputation in silent films, triggered by my long, long interview with film preservationist David Shepard . I've had a great time getting to meet the folks at dOc, and through them, talking to such heroes of mine as Ray Harryhausen and Patrick Macnee. I get to indulge my weird tastes such as Italian gialli, high-body-count horrors, lurid Jess Franco trash, singing cowboy movies and naughty nun pictures. And best of all, I get to spout off about them, often at excruciating length. It's been a life-changing experience in more ways than one. [​IMG]

Anyway, thank you to Bob and debi and Jesse, all the great reviewers who make dOc what it is, and to all the readers out there who make dOc a daily pilgrimage and give us feedback. When I was at around 700 reviews I thought I might give it up when I hit 1000, but now that I'm here, I can't stop. So here's to the next 1000!

--Mark Zimmer

2. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Congrats Mark. I've read some of your stuff. Good work...and Best wishes on your next 1000. [​IMG]

3. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Congrats Mark, I don't know how you do it (looks at meagre 564 review list). [​IMG]

4. JiM T

JiM T Stunt Coordinator

Way to go! [​IMG]