1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

My 1000th Review Live at digitallyObsessed

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mark Zimmer, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Hey folks,

I thought I'd make mention that today I've broken the 1000 review barrier over at HTF partner www.digitallyobsessed.com. I got my start there after Bob Mandel, the original editor, saw some reviews I had done here at HTF on some classical music DVDs (a couple Beethoven symphonies, as I recall). I was taken on to do classical music reviews for their fledgling site as the first outside reviewer added to the stable, and then I fatefully expressed to Bob an interest in reviewing movies too. And oy, how the movies and music DVDs have come. 1000 of them solo (plus a handful of joint reviews not counted in that total). Plus I have half a dozen more in the can waiting to go live....

Since my first review for the site was a DVD of the opera Turandot by Puccini (amazingly still in print, all these years later), present editor debi mandel thought it highly appropriate that my landmark 1000th also be of a classical music DVD, and you can see this massive 9-disc set's review here (and it's a dOc exclusive to boot).

It's been a long and wild ride, with me accidentally developing something of a reputation in silent films, triggered by my long, long interview with film preservationist David Shepard . I've had a great time getting to meet the folks at dOc, and through them, talking to such heroes of mine as Ray Harryhausen and Patrick Macnee. I get to indulge my weird tastes such as Italian gialli, high-body-count horrors, lurid Jess Franco trash, singing cowboy movies and naughty nun pictures. And best of all, I get to spout off about them, often at excruciating length. It's been a life-changing experience in more ways than one. [​IMG]

Anyway, thank you to Bob and debi and Jesse, all the great reviewers who make dOc what it is, and to all the readers out there who make dOc a daily pilgrimage and give us feedback. When I was at around 700 reviews I thought I might give it up when I hit 1000, but now that I'm here, I can't stop. So here's to the next 1000!

--Mark Zimmer

2. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Congrats Mark. I've read some of your stuff. Good work...and Best wishes on your next 1000. [​IMG]

3. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Congrats Mark, I don't know how you do it (looks at meagre 564 review list). [​IMG]

4. JiM T

JiM T Stunt Coordinator

Way to go! [​IMG]