What's new

My 1000th post: Flame the Heck Out of Me. (1 Viewer)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I know everyone hates this, so I thought I would do it! :)
I feel that it's my time for the 1, 2, 3, Look at Me! ordeal.
I am 25 and married. I have been playing the drums for almost 11 years. I still to this day wish I could be a director, but that will never happen, so I sit here and watch other people's films. I mostly love Science Fiction (I watched 2001 and Mission To Mars just today!) and Horror films. But also enjoy epics, classics, dramers, and the like. I got into home theater about 4 years ago with an RCA pro-logic reciever... little did I know.
The purpose of this thread is to:
A)flame the heck out of me.
B)start something different.
__________________________________________________ __________
Answer the ones you wish or all of them or flame me.
(this is not a poll, but rather up for disscussion)
The Questionaire:
1. Do you think DVD will last longer than 15 years or be taken over by yet another format?
2. Do you think another type of digital sound like Dolby Digital and Digital Theater Systems will eventually come in to the market and be as prominent as the two previously mentioned?
3. Do you think 16x9 screens will become the standard of American televisions?
4. Do you think John Williams will die before he finishes the score for Episode 3? Well he is old!
5. Do you think World War III is immenent? just yes or no please.
6. Do you think that scientists will perfect "hyper-sleep" and if so, do you think extended space travel will occur in say 50 years? How about 100 years?
7. Many people think that "the future" involves flying cars. Do you think this is a really plausable idea or won't be needed?
8. Do you feel that over-population will have the best of us and the need for colonization on another planet will be nessessary?
9. Do you think the sale of tobacco will eventually be forever banned?
10. Do you think J6P will finally buy into our "widescreen" scam that we so desperately try to "shove" down their 4:3 throats?
11. Do you like cats?
12. Do you think humans will be obliterated by either nuclear war or celestial collision and the evolution of dinosaurs will re-occur?
13. Do you think this thread will be closed due to "questionable" content?
14. Do you think Lucas will do episodes 7, 8, and 9?
15. Do you think this random line of questioning is boring?
16. Do you think that the rise of Home Theater will eventually extinguish the need for Movie Theaters?
17. Do you think aliens landed during the Roosevelt administration and signed peace treaties with our late president and that major event has been kept "under wraps" by our government since then?
18. Do you believe that "re-birthing" will take you to the "fourth demension?"
19. Do you enjoy being a member of the Home Theater Forum?
20. Are you still reading this?
Thank you for your time and patience. I now feel that my 1000th post has been a better post than some of my earlier ones such as:
10 Dumb Things I've Said On This Forum
1. posted here
Cool As Ice 2 said:
That's all. Thanks for reading. And take me off your ignore list please.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
The Questionaire:
1. Do you think DVD will last longer than 15 years or be taken over by yet another format?
I'm sure HDVD will emerge as a niche market before then and early adopters (us) will jump onboard. It will probably complement DVD like Laserdisc complemented VHS
2. Do you think another type of digital sound like Dolby Digital and Digital Theater Systems will eventually either come in to the market and be as prominent as the two previously mentioned?
Maybe, but there's only so much room a person has. I'd guess something called "holophonic sound" will come along someday.
Yes.
4. Do you think John Williams will die before he finishes the score for Episode 3? Well he is old!
Hopefully not!
Ugh, nah..
6. Do you think that scientists will perfect "hyper-sleep" and if so, do you think extended space travel will occur in say 50 years? How about 100 years?
I doubt it, maybe 100 but who knows.
7. Many people think that "the future" involves flying cars. Do you think this is a really plausable idea or won't be needed?
Heh. Like Back to the Future 2? :)
8. Do you feel that over-population will have the best of us and the need for colonization on another planet will be nessessary?
I don't think so.
9. Do you the sale of tobacco will eventually be forever banned?
Yes, but tomacco will replace it.
10. Do you think J6P will finally buy into our "widescreen" scam that we so desperately try to "shove" done their 4:3 throats?
Eventually, once 16x9 tvs become more popular and affordable. However I'm guessing 2.35 movies will then get cropped like they are on HDHBO now.
11. Do you like cats?
Yeah :)
12. Do you think humans will be obliterated by either nuclear war or celestial collision and the evolution of dinosaurs will re-occur?
No!
Probably they'll move it to the polls forum. They seem pretty stick about that.
Nope.
It's OK.
16. Do you think that the rise of Home Theater will eventually extinguish the need for Movie Theaters?
Not for a long time
17. Do you think aliens landed during the Roosevelt administration and signed peace treaties with our late president and that major event has been kept "under wraps" by our government since then?
:laugh:
Dunno what that is.
Yeah. :)
Reading what? ;)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Yah, one of the elite in just 2 1/2 months. Kinda makes me sick

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I see by where you live that you must be bored enough to spend the kind of time you did coming up with that laundry list of questions. ;)
Did you get your AOD lunchbox?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Congrats Brad from Kalamazoo, hey isn't a kalamazoo one of those large hopping animals found only in Australia, I think it is, maybe.
Yep 1000 posts nice number, I looked at your questionaire...
1. Do you think DVD will last longer than 15 years or be taken over by yet another format? NEVER. DVD. FOREVER. (I WAS PAID TO SAY THAT)
2. Do you think another type of digital sound like Dolby Digital and Digital Theater Systems will eventually either come in to the market and be as prominent as the two previously mentioned? DEFINITELY (LOOKS AT STOLEN DOCUMENTS) OH YEAH.
3. Do you think 16x9 screens will become the standard of American televisions? YEP
4. Do you think John Williams will die before he finishes the score for Episode 3? Well he is old! NO
5. Do you think World War III is immenent? just yes or no please. NO
6. Do you think that scientists will perfect "hyper-sleep" and if so, do you think extended space travel will occur in say 50 years? How about 100 years? YES,100 YEARS OR MORE
7. Many people think that "the future" involves flying cars. Do you think this is a really plausable idea or won't be needed? THE WAY PEOPLE DRIVE? NO CHANCE.
8. Do you feel that over-population will have the best of us and the need for colonization on another planet will be nessessary? NO.
9. Do you the sale of tobacco will eventually be forever banned? NO.
10. Do you think J6P will finally buy into our "widescreen" scam that we so desperately try to "shove" done their 4:3 throats? NO. WHEN EVERY TV IS WIDESCREEN THAN.
11. Do you like cats? YEP, I HAVE TWO AT HOME, ONE IS SLEEPING ON THE RUG, THE OTHER PURRING ON MY LAP.:)
12. Do you think humans will be obliterated by either nuclear war or celestial collision and the evolution of dinosaurs will re-occur? HAHAHA NAH DINOSAURS HAD THEIR CHANCE, ITS JUST GOING TO BE MORLOCKS AND ELOI IN THE FAR FUTURE, TRUST ME ON THIS.
13. Do you think this thread will be closed due to "questionable" content? THE MODS ARE LICKING THEIR LIPS AS I TYPE THIS.
14. Do you think Lucas will do episodes 7, 8, and 9? NO, HE TOOK 16 YEARS TO BRING US EPISODE I.
15. Do you think this random line of questioning is boring? (STIFLING YAWN) WHAT? NO. KEEP EM COMIN'.
16. Do you think that the rise of Home Theater will eventually extinguish the need for Movie Theaters? NO. UNLESS WE CAN REPLICATE A 60FT SCREEN IN OUR LIVING ROOM.
17. Do you think aliens landed during the Roosevelt administration and signed peace treaties with our late president and that major event has been kept "under wraps" by our government since then? OFCOURSE.
18. Do you believe that "re-birthing" will take you to the "fourth demension?" ERM. THATS CLASSIFIED.
19. Do you enjoy being a member of the Home Theater Forum? THATS A TRICK QUESTION INNIT? ERM OK, YEAH, BETTER THAN A KICK IN THE ARSE.
20. Are you still reading this? READING WHAT? (LOOKS AROUND ROOM) EH? QUE?

Scott_G

Second Unit

15 years - yes, see VHS. 25 years .. nope

2. Do you think another type of digital sound like Dolby Digital and Digital Theater Systems will eventually either come in to the market and be as prominent as the two previously mentioned?

- not unless DVD supports it. Not for a while

3-5 years ... yes. Companies will make only 16x9 to cut cost.

- I hope he's working on it now.

- no

- perfect .. no , No extended travel unless we can break the speed of light.

- It would be great, but only if certain controls were set.

Think of the idots that drive cars today - now with another axis to worry about.

I don't see it for at least 25 years.

- no

- no

10. Do you think J6P will finally buy into our "widescreen" scam that we so desperately try to "shove" done their 4:3 throats?

- no, but when he goes to BB or CC and the 16x9 are less than 4x3 .. he will buy one.

11. Do you like cats?

there ok

- no way

- nope

- If he live that long

- sometimes

- no, think of how many people wait till ABC/CBS/NBC premier movies.

- hummmm .... no

- nope

- of course

- nope

Julie K

Screenwriter
Probably. 15-20 years seems a likely estimate when compared to VHS and LD. I'm sure another format (HD-DVD?) will be introduced before hand but will be backward compatible with DVD.
Not for some time, and only after either DD or DTS has become the clear winner.
Not for a long time. And after a recent depressing encounter with an average DVD purchaser in Best Buy I'm inclined to say never.
Frankly I'm sick of John Williams type scores.
No.
No in 50 and doubtful in 100. Any type of freezing technology would have to deal with massive cellular destruction caused by expanding ice crystals.
While I want a flying car real bad, I doubt they'll become a common means of transportation soon simply due to the massive amount of training and education needed to fly over that needed to drive. Advances in autonomous navigation and collision avoidance software may however reach a point to make if feasible.
Absolutely. Overpopulation is the biggest problem facing us. Forget nuclear war, forget pollution, forget asteroid collisions - overpopulation is the worst thing we face. Space colonization is the only thing that can save us.
I have no doubt that a tobacco prohibition may come into being for a while. However, prohibition never works, and it will again become legal after a while.
I had a very depressing encounter in Best Buy a couple days ago as I tried to educate a "Jane Box Wine". So I must say, sadly, no.
11. Do you like cats?
Absolutely. To quote one of my favorite authors "We love kitties, gawd bless their little whiskers, and we don't give a damn whether they or we are superior or inferior! They're confounded pretty, and that's all we know and all we need to know!" (H.P. Lovecraft)
A celestial collision could do quite a bit of harm, but we are the mammalian equivalent of cockroaches. So no to both. Dinosaurs are never coming back. If we, and a large proportion of mammals, are wiped out something else entirely, something small and currently insignifcant, will take our place.
Yes, and I've done my part!
Don't care.
Well, it's more interesting that what I had been doing.
No.
I could tell you but then I'd have to shoot you.
Hah! That 're-birthing' crap is nothing but dominance training. It's just like what you do to make a dog who's trying for top spot in the pack understand that you are the dominant one. (You hold them down, look them in the eye, and exert your strength - just like that what they do with the kids, except they put all this New-Agey crap on it.) "Fourth Dimension"? (More New Agey crap.)
Yes.
No. Julie K quit around question 3. This is really the voice of some ancient acherontic evil from beneath the sea.
(P.S. Happy 1000th. I'm going to post my own self-congratulatory post at # 1234.)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Brad, you ask too many damn questions. :D Hey, you wanted to get flamed! Anyway, congrats and here's to the next 1K posts!

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Are all of your posts this long? :eek: How does that new "ignore" thingy work? :D
Congrats.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Julie, is that really Lovecraft? I knew he had good taste. Some people just seem to have a problem with the fact that when you hate cats they will hate you right back, unlike certain pets ;)
Coincidentally, I hit the 2k mark recently myself; I feel like I ought to celebrate or something.
Oh, and as for the 'fourth dimension' - can someone find this soon please? I'm really running out of shelf space, and this would be a great place to store things.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Oh, Brad, I'm sorry but I'm just not going to flame you. I just can't do that to someone who likes cats and quotes Derek from Bad Taste in their .sig.
:D

PaulG

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats, and OK, I'll answer you.
1. I don't care
2. Come into the market, but not as prominent.
3. Yes
4. No
5. No
6. No "hyper-sleep", and yes (see answer 18)
7. No flying cars, maybe flying ITs
8. Yes
9. Already is, just not to everybody.
10. If it is all he can get or cheaper.
11. Yes
12. No
13. No
14. No
15. Yes, I like boring
16. No, I don't think a teenager will take a date home to spend with his/her family.
17. I am not at liberty do discuss this topic.
18. The 4th dimension is time as we know it, lets call it horizontal time that runs from left to right, like on all those timelines we see. There also exists vertical time and depth time. When we conquer these, we will be able to travel anywhere almost instantly, until we die, when we go to heaven (except for you, this is your flame :D )
19. Yes, please don't cancel me.
20. I'm done

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Thanks Julie - I think I might have a new sig!

"All we may say is, that the more purely an aesthete a man is, the more likely he is to prefer cats; since the superior grace, beauty, manners and neatness of the cat cannot but conquer the fancy of any impartial observer emancipated from mundane and ethical illusions."

H.P. Lovecraft

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Drums are for losers, so you must be a loser. I will not answer any of your stupid ass questions. You must not have that much of a life if you can put up that many posts in such a short time.
OK, I am done flaming. :D
Congrats on 1000 posts, Brad. You can now treat yourself to a couple of brand new DVDs. :)
-Dean-

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Congratulations, Brad. :)
Answers to your questions.
1. Who knows?
2. Who cares?
3. Probably eventually.
4. Someone directly involved with the SW films is bound to.
5. Nah.
6. That would be cool.
7. Dunno.
8. We'll probably have to do something eventually.
9. No, the government makes too much money from it.
10. Eventually they will have no choice. We will win.
11. You already know I do.
12. Doubtful.
13. Nah.
14. If there's money to be made.
15. Not at all.
16. No.
17. You never know.
18. Not likely, but I'll try anything once.
19. Of course. But not as much as Steve Christou, I don't think. :)
20. Yup.
By the way, I'm going to post some pics of my kitties as soon as my lazy friend scans them for me.
Happy 1000! :)

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
Congrats on getting to 1,000 posts. One day I'll get there myself.
I'm glad you only included the "top ten" stupid quotes. It'd be tough to include all 1,000 of them in a single post.:D
Yes to both. But, it'll be quite a while before it's overcome. DVD's should last longer than VHS due to backward compatibility.
2. Do you think another type of digital sound like Dolby Digital and Digital Theater Systems will eventually come in to the market and be as prominent as the two previously mentioned?
Probably. But not for a long time. And most likely it'll just be another form from Dolby or DTS.
Eventually. But, nowhere soon enough.
I certainly hope not!
No, but same answer as #4
No way in 50 years. Extremely doubtful in 100 years. After that, who knows. More likely we'll finally attract the attention of an interstellar species who gives us a leg up in technology
"The future" is a really broad term isn't it? In the "near future" no way.
Colonization will probably eventually happen regardless of over-population issues (if any).
9. Do you think the sale of tobacco will eventually be forever banned?
It'd be nice. Or at least its usage in public.
10. Do you think J6P will finally buy into our "widescreen" scam that we so desperately try to "shove" down their 4:3 throats?
They will buy whatever's cheap.
11. Do you like cats?
Cats rule, dog's drool. Cats are wonderful creatures. And very intelligent. My training is coming along well. Soon I may even know some new tricks. Cats are superior to us and, oh, do they know it.
I don't think so. The human will to continue is pretty strong. But see #4 for this answer.
I'm surprised it hasn't been already.
I don't think there ever was supposed to be a 7,8, or 9. So no, definitely not.
I can't believe I'm even responding to this drivel. Nothing better to do I guess.
No. The movie industry will continue to keep coming up with new fancy reasons to keep our butts in theatre seats.
No. I sincerely doubt it. Do you really think the government is competent enough to keep something like this really secret?
Depends what you mean by "re-birthing". Some of those who have been on acid claim they've already visited.
What forum? Where? Never heard of it.
Depends on whether or not I win the SVS contest.:D

Not any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks