What's new

MX-850/MRF-300 help needed (1 Viewer)

AlexDW

Grip
We just bought an MX-850 and MRF-300 from ebay ($325 w/ shipping). It all seems to be in new and unopened condition (so please don't bash me for going ebay :) ). Now, I realize that this remote is overkill for what I need, but the price was so cheap I had to get it.

Ok so first question:
I want to be able to control the lights(w/ dimmer) in my basement. How can I go about doing this? I'm looking for the cheapest and simplist solution. All I need is on/off and dim up/down. Oh and the switches are in another room (They are next to the stairs, the MRF-300 is about 100ft away on the other side of a wall). If it helps, the boiler room is right behind the wall which can give us easy access to a lot of wires that don't have to be covered up.

Second question:
Are there any websites that offer more programmed IR codes that I can download? The program that comes with the remote has next to no new products.
I have the following:
Panasonic SA-XR55S
Comcast HD-DVR (not sure of model)
Samsung HL-R6168W
Sony DVD-HD850
DirecTV HD Box (not sure of model)
40Gig iPod 4G (ties in with next question)

What dock/cables should I buy to make the iPod playable both playable through the stereo and controllable by the remote?

Ok that's it. Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Lutron Spacer for the dimmer/dimmers. Run a 18gauge two conductor wire to the back of the electrical box from the location where the MRF300 is. You will have to cut one of your emiters in half and attach the flasher end in the electrical box over the opening near the IR sensor and put the plug end on at the MRF300
When you have the MX editor up on your computer, click on the live update button and you will get all the new codes available. Its the one on the end that looks like a satellite dish at the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks