What's new

MX-500 programming questions (1 Viewer)

RichN

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my MX-500 and I was wondering if there is a problem with it (or just with the person operating it). I got the codes to work for my TV, Audio, DVD and VCR1, but when trying to program the 3 digit codes for VCR2, I cannot get the remote to scan through the codes (I tried 2 different VCRs, and I can't get it to work by manually entering any of the VCR codes for Sony OR Panasonic). The "signal" icon blinks, but the codes don't change when I hold down the UP/DOWN buttons. It works on the other devices, just not on VCR2.

Another question is, I changed the name of "device" SAT to VCR3, but when I go to "page" for VCR3, the commands are not VCR commands. When I try to enter the 3 digit code for my VCR, it does nothing, which I think is because it is not a valid SAT code, correct? Do I need to do something other than simply change the name to get the remote to recognize that device button is for a VCR now and not a SAT? I have removed the batteries while I'm at work and will try it again when I get home, but I don't know what to do next if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

RichN

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
You might find better answers here.
I have the MX-500 and didn't have any problems programming. You can program any device to any of the 10 device buttons--it doesn't matter what they are named. For example, page 2 of my Cable setup is programmed with TV codes. If you aren't having luck with the pre-programmed codes, you can program each button individually with the learn function. This may take a few more minutes, but you will have a more customized remote for your needs and style. And when all else fail, re-read the instruction manual! I had to read it a couple of times when I was setting up macros.
Good luck,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks