What's new

MX-200 vs. SVS ? (1 Viewer)

JoshuaT

Stunt Coordinator
My current setup is M&K S-100's all the way around and an MX-200 sub. I LOVE the 200, for what I watch, it is just awesome! Is there an SVS sub that I could upgrade to in the 1000 $ price range that would compare? I haven't gotten to hear an SVS, so I am looking for any and all opinions!

~josh

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I am not familar with that sub. I think Ron at SVS would be and he would give you the straight truth about it. Email him or call him. He will not try to sell you something you don't need. Infact if he thinks what you have is even close to what his subs will do he will tell you to save your money. you dont say how big your sub is or how and how much power is going to it and how low the book claims it will go. These are not super important in the overall scheme of things but puts you at a starting point to focus on. Just my opinion. I recently replaced dual NHT;s with a PB2+ just on the word of so many and after talking with with Ron about my room measurements. He told me to try the PB2 against my duals which I did when the PB2 got here. There was not even a close compairison. Had not even calibrated it or found the ideal location yet and there still was not even a close compairison. I will be forever thankful to Ron at SVS for treating me so nice and having such a great product at a great price.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Well I am sure poking around these forums you see many satisfied SVS owners. Mike offers some very good advice. Contact them a [email protected] and simply provide them your room size and they will provide a recommendation of one of their products.

I have listened to many subs lately and every day I am more and more impressed with the products I have purchased from SVS.

Under $1000 you can get a PB2isb, currently on preorder.
This sub features a 600amp and 2 of the SVS standard drivers. Is is big and some beta testers say it produces deep strong clean bass.

If the size is too big there are the cylinders and boxes with one driver.

Take a look over their website www.svsubwoofers.com
Also pop over to hometheaterspot.com forums and browse thru the SVS forum. Good stuff there. MikeLi has posted some good stuff about the PB2+ and so has another person named Weezer.

also www.avsforum.com has a svs offical thread where tom and rom hang out on occassion.

good luck
scott
bruinsrme

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Josh,

You've already got a very good subwoofer, so my guess is that it'll come down to how low and how loud you want to go (I couldn't find any specs on your M&K, but I'm sure the folks at SVS have an idea). In addition to emailing SVS (which is the best advice) you can also go to AudioEnvy to see if there's an owner in your area willing to let you audition one, if you're really interested.

-Robb

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Still give Ron at SVS a call or email... he will #1 tell you how to get more out of your current sub. (pretty nice guy for something he doesn't even sell) or will guide you with what to get to do better.

JoshuaT

Stunt Coordinator
scott avsfan,

you're dead on about my sub sounding great with music. However it leaves me wanting just a little bit more of that low end ruuuumble! What are you guys running that really kicks in from 25-30 down?

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
PB2+ but it depends on your room and situation. Like I said give Ron at SVS an email. He may have a suggestion to help you out with your current sub that may allow you to keep it but make it sound better. It not he will guide you in the right direction for an SVS that will be perfect for your room size. Once you hear that LFE stuff you never heard before it will make the hair on you chest stand up and quiver. At least it did for my wife and she doesn't even have hair on her chest.. haha....

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Eagles Hell Freezes over,

Blue man Group

Diana Krall live in paris

Norah Jones live

Good bassy unbelievably clean sounding DVD-videos
With the Klipsch they sound fantastic, with t he SVs thrown in there FRONT ROW CENTER

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks