Muzak Biz Blues, until they...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rachael B, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    ..put real musicans back on the radio, how can the muzik biz recover? Forget their other problems. Me and a friend were sitting here talkin' and we think all the unique, talented musicans are being suppressed in favour of you unfortuneatly know what...that cloudy music![​IMG]
    As long as the real talent like: The Friends Of Dean Martinez, Calexico, Derek Trucks, add your favourites to the list, are suppressed and so much junk music is promoted. There's always been some manufactured pop, but 2-day's sheer volume of bad 2-day gone 2-morrow sludge is so drowning out the market. Britanny, Dustin, Backdoor Boyz, The New Kids Who Can't Rock, yada, yada, yada!____________.

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Oh, but it was ever so. In the days of yore, Elvis made Heartbreak Hotel, and the Colonel made him sing "Do the Clam". The Beatles made a path for Dave Clark 5, and the Monkees.

These are the best of times, and the worst of times.

Most of the good seed falls on hard ground. The Yellow Brick Road is littered with pop cans and crap.
    Even when the masses liked something good, it was for the wrong reasons.

But, lo, you of little faith, there will always be another "Rose in Spanish Harlem", and another Jimmie Dale Gilmore will craft another "These Blues". There's gold in them thar hills!

In the meantime, try and find Percy Mayfield singing "Nothing Stays the Same"

Rachael you know I looked for Friends of Dean Martinez on Amazon a year or so ago, and couldn't even find a listing. The situation has changed - which of the 5 or so would you recommend to me now?

In other words - Take Me to the River!
    [​IMG]

3. ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie Supporting Actor

I think America shoots itself in the foot.

We have such short attention spans. Our lives are so fast paced. Many people here are unwilling to listen to anything new/different than their normal tastes. Radio is so afraid of losing a listener, they won't dare play a song that might be different than what they are currently playing or that might not appeal to the largest demographic out there. Plus they are paid by record companies to play that crap. I think it's a vicious cycle that repeats itself. Radio aids in closed mindedness and short attention spans, which means we get less and less choice on the air, which means more short attention spans.

Oh well, I guess we'll have to start paying for radio we used to get for free.

4. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    John, my favourite Friends album is RETROGRADE and their latest album, a 2 disc set, ON THE SHORE is a close second. If you haven't heard the Derek Trucks Band, order JOYFUL NOISE too. It's hard for me to say it, but at this point, I think Derek is a better bottleneck player than Duane Allman was. BTW, his father Butch was a member of the Allman's. [​IMG]

Hey folks! Who do you think should be a star but is being forced to sit in the corner by the industry?

Kyle, would it help to pay? They'd proably pipe the SOS in...?!?!

5. Lin Park

Lin Park Second Unit

That's some claim Rachael about Derek .vs. Duane but I know your history so I'm gonna be pickin' up Joyful Noise and some of those others real soon. Love your sad but true comment about Eva Cassidy - I had read that too somewhere.

I think you should just boycott pop and listen to more blues, country, folk, and bluegrass. Or, what if Brittany would sing and Derek would play? Or, Justin would sing and B.B. would play? I'll stop before this gets really ugly.

6. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Lin, wouldn't it be great if B.B. did an instrumental with Justin singing into a hollow tree in New Jersey?[​IMG]