Mutliroom Connection troubles

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Todd Hansson, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Todd Hansson

Todd Hansson Auditioning

I'm having troubles connecting my HK AVR 8500 (Australian model) and my HK 3370 to successfully get the multi-room option available. Ive connected RCA cables from the AVR 8500 'Multi' output into the 'Main in' inputs on the 3370. Ive also configures the 'on screen' Mulitscreen option too 'on' and double checked all my connections. Is there something I'm doing wrong or missed?[​IMG]

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

A couple of things come to mind:

1) Is your H/K 3370 configured to output via the analog cables?

2) Have you configured the "2" rear amps on the H/K to utilize the multi-room option instead of the surround option? There should be a setting via the on-screen setup to re-assign those two channels of the amp. My AVR-7200 features this option and I'm sure the other multi-room H/K receivers do, too.

3. Todd Hansson

Todd Hansson Auditioning

Hi Wayne_

Im not completely sure what you mean here. The HK 3370 with only accept an analog signa, correct. It was mentioned to me that I also need to hook up the CD directly to the HK3370. Is this right? Also it was suggested, not to connect the AVR8500 from the 'multi' output to 'main in' but connect it from the 'multi' to the 'Aux' input on the HK3370. Do I need to make any setting changers on the HK3370?

I changed the setting on the OSD (HK8500 ) to 'multiroom'. The LCD display on the front panel also confirmed this. Which section off the OSD would I need to go to re-assign those channels.

What RCA connections have you made to your second amp? and what do you suggest.

Thanks for all you help and suggestions.

Todd

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Todd,

It sounds like you have everything connected properly. On my H/K 7200, I don't have any additional connections made for the amps. I've connected my DVD player via the analog connections to the receiver - so I can play CDs to the 2nd zone. Also, internally, I've set the "surround" channels so they are to be utilized for the multi-room option. It seems like our settings are basically the same.

I can't figure out why yours is not working.

5. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

Todd and Wayne,
    The AVR 8500 is most like the AVR 8000 in the U.S. It only has 5 amplified channels so you must use the multizone out with an external amp. I used to have a 320 and it worked the same way. So connect the multizone outs to the main ins on your 3370. I have an old integrated amp and use the main ins also. Works great. The only setting you need to make in OSD would be to turn the multizone outputs ON. On my 325 multizone only works with analog connections. So connect your CD player to the analog CD inputs on the 8500.

From the OSD Multizone screen change the input to CD, scroll down and adjust the volume from there. That should be it.

The only thing to check on your 3370 would be to make sure the speaker wires are properly connected and if Speaker 1 or Speaker 2 is properly chosen on the front panel

Should work fine after that.

6. Todd Hansson

Todd Hansson Auditioning

I thought there might be a missing connection or two. Thank you so much gentlemen for your responses. Its a shame the manual doesnt explain this well.[​IMG]