What's new

Must the rears match the front and center? (1 Viewer)

Rick Pay

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if it was absolutely necessary to have the same brand speakers for both the front, center, and rear surrounds? I'll be keeping Axioms for the front but may go different route for the rears.

Bob Sheen

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a big fan of matched speakers all around for various reasons. But it is more critical to have the front mains and front centre matched as that is where most of your sound will be happening.

But like i said, i think that if you can have matched sets all around, you'd be better to do that.

Bob

Marc H

Second Unit
I concur with Bob.

If a compromise must be made, then it would be in the effect speakers.

BrianAM

Auditioning
I just added another pair of M&K S-150's for my rear channels - so now I have five total, with M&K Tripoles at the sides for 7.1 - and the difference was staggering! The overall soundstage is seemless, and the rear 150's added a great sense of depth.

I highly recommend five (or seven!) of the same speakers for home theater and surround music!

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
If you wouldn't use differant Left and Right Main speakers than ,NO, I wouldn't recommend using differant surrounds...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks