What's new

MusicMatch Jukebox -- Why Can't I Delete This Program!?!?! (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm completely out of harddrive space and need to get rid of some programs.

I hate this and never use it!

I thought I'd deleted it yesterday when I moved all the files directly from the "Program Files" folder into the recycling bin and trashed them.

But apparently not because when I run my 'Add or Remove Programs' to free up space, I see this thing listed and taking up 51.16 MB!

I tried to click on the remove tab and a popup came up that read:

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

When you want to remove a program, the first thing to do is go check "Add or Remove Programs" - if you go ahead & just delete the folder its in, you're leaving behind any crud it's installed in the registery, system folder etc. It is not the way to uninstall a program.

You now get the uninstall errors because you've physically removed data/exes related to it from the disk but the 'Add or Remove' panel doesn't know that.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Marco,

A friend of mine recently had the same problem you are having. He had to contact MusicMatch tech support and they emailed him a fairly extensive set of instructions showing how to uninstall the program.

If you can give me your email address I'll be glad to forward these instructions to you and you can give it a try.

They show how to uninstall and reinstall but you can ignore the reinstall steps.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
If you still have the MusicMatch installation program, just rerun it and install it in the same place as the previous installation. Then, run the uninstall from "Add or Remove Programs". That should clean it up.

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
also get a program like window washer or ccleaner(freeware) they will help get rid of some of the junk on your pc.

Rommel_L

Second Unit
Marco,

I agree with this approach. Installing the application on top of itself will overwrite damaged or corrupted files and you will be able to uninstall the application using "Add or Remove Programs".

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
The reason there was an error is simple - the uninstaller you're trying to run is already in the garbage can, or was - I presume you emptied the trash.

In other words, it doesn't use up 51MB of space anymore, but removing it from the installed programs display is no longer doable the normal way, as has already been mentioned.

5th Group

Auditioning
Real Name
Barry

Hello, Steve

I am interested in receiving the information on how to uninstall MusciMatch

from my XP system.

Please send it to me at: [email protected]

Please keep my email address confidential.

Thank you very much for posting this information on Home Theater Forum.

5th Group

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve

Barry,

I posted that over 2 1/2 years ago. I'm sure I don't have it anymore. If I still had it I'd be happy to help but I know I've deleted the info by now.

Sorry.

You might be able to contact the folks at MusicMatch and see if they can help.

Guy Biggie

Auditioning
Real Name
Guy Biggie
Hi! My name is Guy. Could you forward me the same uninstall program for Music Match. I am having the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks